Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    Honda had to make a car for the new car market, thats why they brought out the type S. Honda wants people to buy their new cars, not 2nd hand. They wanted people to pay 45,000 for a type S, rather than 30,000 for a 2nd hand type R. And the people who will pay 45,000 for a Honda would want some luxury in their car.

"The Type R was too extreme for many customers" quoted by Project Chief Kenya Tsutsui.

But what they did wrong was, trying to imitate something like an M3. Its a Honda!

At the end of the day, the S and the R are totally different cars....
    The Type S isnt exactly s..t if people would want leather seats, sunroof (main reason i chose the S) and also some K20 iVTEC. The S in my opinion looks a bit more elegant than the type R. The S is also not as popular as the R, another reason why i got the S. I dont want to be counting the number to Type R's i see a day, coz if i did, it would be heaps.... (how many times have you activated ur LSD on street???)

For someone who wants something a bit more unique and a bit more elegance, Type S is the way to go!!!! FTW!!!!!!

For 45,000.... i would like to know i can also enjoy the comfort my car can offer....

My 2 Cents

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S
    Quote Originally Posted by burak213 View Post
    congrats
    cheers mate i love it.

the leather. the lightness. the grip is good. it rolls alot and sways but im comparing it to my last evo. which was more planted.

i just serviced it and im astounded at the oil capacity. over 5L of oil needed. and whats the recommended oil filter.? repco, ryco or OEM?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S
    Quote Originally Posted by DC5-S View Post
    Honda had to make a car for the new car market, thats why they brought out the type S. Honda wants people to buy their new cars, not 2nd hand. They wanted people to pay 45,000 for a type S, rather than 30,000 for a 2nd hand type R. And the people who will pay 45,000 for a Honda would want some luxury in their car.

"The Type R was too extreme for many customers" quoted by Project Chief Kenya Tsutsui.

But what they did wrong was, trying to imitate something like an M3. Its a Honda!

At the end of the day, the S and the R are totally different cars....
    The Type S isnt exactly s..t if people would want leather seats, sunroof (main reason i chose the S) and also some K20 iVTEC. The S in my opinion looks a bit more elegant than the type R. The S is also not as popular as the R, another reason why i got the S. I dont want to be counting the number to Type R's i see a day, coz if i did, it would be heaps.... (how many times have you activated ur LSD on street???)

For someone who wants something a bit more unique and a bit more elegance, Type S is the way to go!!!! FTW!!!!!!

For 45,000.... i would like to know i can also enjoy the comfort my car can offer....

My 2 Cents
    i concur to an extent. i find this car fun and more chuckable than my old evo... i love the leather and the interior. red dials are nice. similar to the evo. engine is revy and very free. power is ok. but it does lack an lsd badly. mine has 29000kms and the original RE050s which are 60-80% so its had an easy life

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by markis View Post
    cheers mate i love it.

the leather. the lightness. the grip is good. it rolls alot and sways but im comparing it to my last evo. which was more planted.

i just serviced it and im astounded at the oil capacity. over 5L of oil needed. and whats the recommended oil filter.? repco, ryco or OEM?
    OEM is good mate, just go to your Honda dealer its like 16 bucks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S
    Quote Originally Posted by burak213 View Post
    OEM is good mate, just go to your Honda dealer its like 16 bucks
    thanks burak. wish i went to honda sooner. ryco was 22 and the repco was 14 so i bought the repco as it was christmas eve and the dealer was closed. next time