Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Too right about the Euro being hot selling- when I brought mine I was so proud, thinking I am driving a great sports sedan for a great price.

Now I feel as though I am driving a Camry- counting the number of Euros that I can see as I drive from home to work....

I counted 7 Euros on the drive to work this morning....

To be frank, if the Integra's facelift is a dramatic as the per the google eyed WRX to the current model, there would be a long long waiting list now for the Type S for the current price. The problem really is that the new car doesn't look that much different to the old....

But then I guess I'll be the only Type S on the road... Hmmm....

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW019
    I dont get how people are calling it 'tame'. How many car companies can produce 154KW from 2L 4 cyl? VX commo has about the same from a 3.8V6, Lexus IS300 as 154KW from a 3L in line Six (2JZ) which costs around $70k with no more features then the Type S.....not tame at all IMO. I think this will be a hot seller for Honda. If had the cash I wouldn't hesitate to take one of these over a REX or HSV. Though I must admit, it is a damn shame they killed of the Type R for this....
    blz-arw019

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    I don't think it is tame, people are going to mod it anyway!
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by gundam
    Too right about the Euro being hot selling- when I brought mine I was so proud, thinking I am driving a great sports sedan for a great price.

Now I feel as though I am driving a Camry- counting the number of Euros that I can see as I drive from home to work....

I counted 7 Euros on the drive to work this morning....
    Fully agree with this... but i think euro with the oem kit make the car stand out a bit more from "rest of the euros"

But the type s has definitely soften up compared to the audm type r... all these creature comforts

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    the Type R is a great car from what i have been told, as mentioned above 45g on road is a bit steep even steeper whent he type R were 50g driveaway, in my opinion want something fast start with something fast, I see japananese do up type r with aftermarekt turbos ???? why ? its still a FWD.....
    And i don't know why people would want to do up a Euro to sporting specs chip cams, that's extreme...if i had one i would do mags lower it and well exhaust maybe a Big maybe. it's a luxury sedan and will never and should never be compare to a WRX cause it can't they are two totally different cars.
    The Type S i guess is aimed at people wanting some luxury features and a sporty look.......but it ain't going to be a WRX eater...however much you spend on it...................
    "When the christmas light drops the b***sh*t
    stops"
    04 Jazz VTI-S
    99 WRX
    97 Lancer MR

Nice write up =)

It will be interesting to see how the type s sells... and to which market it sells...

BTW, if someone wants the last Type R, feel free to pop down to your local dealer and ask for a great deal. There are still a handful in dealer stock, and discounts them to a better price than a new Type S.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    bring on the turbo kits!
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by IRI
    I dont get how people are calling it 'tame'. How many car companies can produce 154KW from 2L 4 cyl? VX commo has about the same from a 3.8V6, Lexus IS300 as 154KW from a 3L in line Six (2JZ) which costs around $70k with no more features then the Type S.....not tame at all IMO. I think this will be a hot seller for Honda. If had the cash I wouldn't hesitate to take one of these over a REX or HSV. Though I must admit, it is a damn shame they killed of the Type R for this....
    Within the honda family The Type S is "Tame".

more luxury than performance

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Integra Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by Catcha
    ...The Type S i guess is aimed at people wanting some luxury features and a sporty look.......but it ain't going to be a WRX eater...however much you spend on it...................
    sorry, u are wrong.

the dc5r with k20a (thats the audm dc5 integra type r) can take wrx's with cai, exhaust and hondata ecu on the straight. with upgraded suspension it can take wrx's in the mountain. if you spend your money right, a dc5r will take wrx's. obviously not with the same amount of money spent on a wrx in the right way, but nevertheless your comment is incorrect because it won't be long before hondata ecu's are released for the k20z (type s engine)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gundam
    BTW, if someone wants the last Type R, feel free to pop down to your local dealer and ask for a great deal. There are still a handful in dealer stock, and discounts them to a better price than a new Type S.
    sorry to be picky.. but i jz wana make sure that Type R fans wont fell from high to low when they get told by the dealers , there are NO type Rs in stock.. (jz to make sure) i am living in Sydney metro.. last month i know there are a blue 1 in ACT honda.. and jz last week i been told da Macarthur honda still having a Red 1.. and also, 1 WHITE is sitting in one CLUB which located at cabramatta.. so yeah... better b quick if ne of u wana get ur hand on it...

also... i m thinking ppl can always modify the type S, i ve seen a few done up integra standards around... mayb the only pros is.. the price of the type S.. not cheap at all...

Yup- that's the "handful" i'm referring to. Total of 3 in NSW. You've been looking around, haven't you?
    Last edited by gundam; 28-10-2004 at 04:55 PM.