Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sangsational
    sorry, u are wrong.

the dc5r with k20a (thats the audm dc5 integra type r) can take wrx's with cai, exhaust and hondata ecu on the straight. with upgraded suspension it can take wrx's in the mountain. if you spend your money right, a dc5r will take wrx's. obviously not with the same amount of money spent on a wrx in the right way, but nevertheless your comment is incorrect because it won't be long before hondata ecu's are released for the k20z (type s engine)

how much would an hondata ecu cost?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Integra Type R
    james from hondata australia does an install and tune for compatible k20a ecu for around $2500 i think.

Member Array
    Car:
    Supercharged DC5R
    Either way, With the weight gain of the new type s, it will be no match for a type R.... So the R owners have nothing to be scared about!

As Sang said, dc5r's can easily take on wrx's... I have many times. Its only really the launch that they ever get us on. power from first gear vtec on beats them all the way past 180km/h

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by davidd
    Either way, With the weight gain of the new type s, it will be no match for a type R.... So the R owners have nothing to be scared about!

As Sang said, dc5r's can easily take on wrx's... I have many times. Its only really the launch that they ever get us on. power from first gear vtec on beats them all the way past 180km/h
    don't know bout that...the 1st gear isn't the strongest in my opinion

well gundam...if you do buy a type-s i got dibs on the wheels...heh
    arrowz
    SiR

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Integra Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by JINRAI
    don't know bout that...the 1st gear isn't the strongest in my opinion

well gundam...if you do buy a type-s i got dibs on the wheels...heh
    peak power in first gear actually. its just the low revs. see davidd has engine mount inserts so he has no wheel hop and limited wheel spin if he launches right. there's a guy i know who had just these inserts and an injen cold air intake and did 14.3 down the strip.

its getting past the low revs and keeping the car above 6k rpm. u just gotta know how to drive. i'm still practising my flat shifting. i think i need to upgrade my gearbox fluid for faster shifts.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4R & EVO6(WRX killa)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidd

If its a rolling start....dc5 will definitely kick the rex........

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Just checked Honda Aus website on the Type S. Here's a quote:
    "The driver's cockpit features state-of-the-art metallic-face gauges with "zero-angle" pointers. In recognition of Honda's race bred technology, these needles point down to six o'clock when at rest, as is the case in F1 race cars."

Don't F1 cars use LEDs for tacho and digital readout for speedo?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    Just checked Honda Aus website on the Type S. Here's a quote:
    "The driver's cockpit features state-of-the-art metallic-face gauges with "zero-angle" pointers. In recognition of Honda's race bred technology, these needles point down to six o'clock when at rest, as is the case in F1 race cars."

Don't F1 cars use LEDs for tacho and digital readout for speedo?
    I might have to look harder at Jensen's F1 and see if he has a 5" tacho with shift light mounted on the front coweling. It sounds nice and gimmicky though!
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    Quote Originally Posted by sangsational
    sorry, u are wrong.

the dc5r with k20a (thats the audm dc5 integra type r) can take wrx's with cai, exhaust and hondata ecu on the straight. with upgraded suspension it can take wrx's in the mountain. if you spend your money right, a dc5r will take wrx's. obviously not with the same amount of money spent on a wrx in the right way, but nevertheless your comment is incorrect because it won't be long before hondata ecu's are released for the k20z (type s engine)
    Why are we talking modified??? so if the type R didn't have the cai, exhaust and hondata ecu on the straight. It can't take on a Stock Rex ????
    Who races in mountains ? what blue mountains ??????
    I race at the Drags and tracks back then. Call responsible racing
    So you saying it cost more to do the same mods to the Type R than a WRX, probably be the same, the money people save buying a WRX Vs a Type R would be est 13g on WRX mods will eat most cars except a EVO. really silly to compare apples to oranges but if you want we can go on all day. At the end of the day its who has the fattest income to support the mods and make it go fast.
    "When the christmas light drops the b***sh*t
    stops"
    04 Jazz VTI-S
    99 WRX
    97 Lancer MR

Gah stupid honda Australia!!! Give us a REAL TYPE R. Im so sick of these type S heaps and watered down type R's! wheres the civic type r? wheres the euro type r? wheres the teg type r? am i ment to live the rest of my young life grasping to a dc2?!!

Yeah I dont think its fair to say we dont like the Type S because it Tame .. obviously it does put out alot of power.. its just that when you can clearly see the potential of this car in its Type R format there really is no comparison and no point trying to prove otherwise. The gap between the two is so large that it's understandable why the Type S would wear the brunt of the unsatisfied honda public.