Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: quick question

Quote Originally Posted by Type-R View Post
    What colour is the interior? If it is grey then it is a 1.3 Gil GD1. If it is black then it is a 1.5 GD3. Are the interior door handles black = 1.3 or silver / chrome = 1.5. Also if it is a true VTi-S it should have a leather steering wheel. What is the redline? 6300 = 1.5, 6000 ish = 1.3. Also if it is an auto it should have paddles if it is a 1.5.
    yeah interiors black, door hands are silver, redline is at 6300 and yes leather steering wheel with paddle shift.....but why does the engine plate say GD1?......

Did you purchase this car new or second hand?

If you did purchase it second hand you might want to call up your local transport department to find out the history of the vehicle (or a revs check) to see if the engine numbers match up, given that these things need to be registered with the transport department and usually is updated on transfer of ownership.
    I haven't driven a Honda in years. :/ Does my honda lawn mower and whipper snipper count?

Quote Originally Posted by sassy_fit_vtit View Post
    Did you purchase this car new or second hand?

If you did purchase it second hand you might want to call up your local transport department to find out the history of the vehicle (or a revs check) to see if the engine numbers match up, given that these things need to be registered with the transport department and usually is updated on transfer of ownership.
    i revs checked it when i purchased it and all was fine....everything matched and no finance

Im not sure what state ur in but when i did a revs check it included a history of ownership with corresponding engine codes.
    I haven't driven a Honda in years. :/ Does my honda lawn mower and whipper snipper count?

im in sydney and i did a call up

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    See if you have a bank of spark plugs on the front side of the engine. If you do it's not a 1.5 Vtec. The engine covers change in seconds so the cover could have been changed. Also look on the right (passenger) side of the engine at the front bottom edge of the plastic engine cover right side. If you have a thing that looks like a silver 35mm film canister upside down that is the Vtec solenoid if you don't then it's not a 1.5 Vtec engine.

look in this photo:

The Vtec solenoid is the greyish/sliver canister between the engine cover and the black hose. If yours has one it's a Vtec engine.
    hi yeah i checked this morning and it did have it. so means its vtec yeah?
    hmmmmm why is it red dot then....maybe prev owner changed the emblem? but why does it say gd1..?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 Manual
    Did the "owners warranty and service manual" come with the car. If so check that the VIN and engine numbers written on the inside of the front cover correspond with the numbers on the car. It may also give details of the original owner who you could contact to ask some questions.

Did you buy privately or from a dealer? I suspect that you bought it privately and that the warranty and service manual didn't come with the car. Something is not quite right but Honda Australia should be able to advise if the car could possibly have been originally delivered with the numbers, red dot etc that it has.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 Manual
    That seems to be the case claymore but not only has the engine been changed but the whole interior (including speedo & tacho), body kit and I assume wheels, steering wheel etc has also been changed.

To do that would cost more than it would be worth even if the parts were sourced from a wrecked car. This is a real mystery and I would be interested to hear more if 0.o finds anything out.

i reckon its just all screwed up.....everything on it states its a vti-s..interior+engine
    the only thing is the plate which states GD1
    and the most funny thing is on the rta slip it says 1.3L but on the right says 1496CC wtf?
    all in all its still drives considerably well haha! i love it =)

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVTi-S&AccordEuroSport
    GD1 is just the model of jazz cos they made some upgrade and made the GD3 is a model change... main different is the intake box, interior, cvt paddle shift and different body kit. L15A is the Engine Type: Code/Model!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by LSD GD3 View Post
    GD1 is just the model of jazz cos they made some upgrade and made the GD3 is a model change... main different is the intake box, interior, cvt paddle shift and different body kit. L15A is the Engine Type: Code/Model!
    I just checked the carsales compare cars function, which shows you example engine and chassis codes. 1.3L comes in GD1 and 1.5L comes in GD3.

I'd agree with the suggestion to check the service booklet to see what engine it originally came with.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

ummm that doesnt work if the vin and the engine number match....and i checked rta and it didnt state it was stolen