Dc5 with low offset wheels

I have just fitted set of 18 inch wheels with 35+ Offset on an DC5S.

Further more they are 18 x 8 front and 18 x 9 on rear, fills up the guards perfect.

I havent noticed any handling or ride quality diffrence so far from stock 17 inch wheels.

But the question is... since its my first honda and and i have very low knowledge about them so far, is there any mechanical issues that could happend later on from use of incorect offset on this particular vehicles?

I know its a common problem for Subarus if you put wrong offset eg 10-15mm from standard, front bearings need to be changed more often.

I know some people fit them and even run 20s on their Tegs, but i havent found any info on forum about problems with this.. hopefuly there is none..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    I have low offset wheels on a DC5. 9.5 +15 with 275. I haven't had them on long enough to be know whether they are going to kill wheel bearings. I have replaced my front passenger side wheel bearing and the other side will need replacing soon, but this was with 120,000kms on stock wheels and the problem was there before I fitted the low offset wheels.

Your wheels are arse backwards you should put the 9s on the front .

Banned Array
    At Your Local Shopping center picking up 15 year olds!
    Car:
    DC5-S
    POst up a pic with the 18's, wanna see how it looks!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, GSXR600, CRF250R
    pics please
    /Oo_\\ __H__//_oO\
    \()_______[DC5]()/

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    x3 for pic!
    Blue DC5R

├┼┼┐ DC5R
    246R

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    offset doesnt kill bearings. camber does
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    offset doesnt kill bearings. camber does
    What makes you say that? Are you suggesting that the slightly increased bending moment that the additional negative camber applies to the wheel bearing is going to wear it more quickly? My experience suggests that this could potentially be the case as I am the only DC5 owner I know that has had to replace both front wheel bearings and I have significant negative camber.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    from everything i have researched and been told, yes, excessive camber (i.e more than 2 degrees) will kill bearings quicker. with 0 camber, or very little camber the load on the bearing is all vertical. as soon as you start introducing camber there becomes a lateral load, (which the bearing isnt designed for) and with hard driving, this will cause premature wear.

low offset wont do anything by itself as all its doing is moving the mounting point further into the wheel. Its the fact that when you run low offset, you also camber the wheels to fit under teh guards.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    chargeR, are you agreeing with trism ? coz it sounds like you are.. and i would have to agree aswell

definately wears out bearings quicker, and as trism stated, using lower offset wheels would most likely have a more neg camber to fit under the guards if the person was to ride full slammed

my EK running on -1.2 camber upfront and -0.5 on rear, slight toe out too
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by zco View Post
    chargeR, are you agreeing with trism ? coz it sounds like you are.. and i would have to agree aswell
    I was considering agreeing with him . I just wanted him to elaborate a bit more.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    did i elaborate enough

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    ...wait a minute there.

Someone actually Agreed with Matt?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!