Car:
    04 Euro 6mt
    heat soak?

Looks terrible.

Much better! :P

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    man thats the problem with those is that it sucks hot air from engine bay as well as its kinda illegal cause it needs heat deflector on it

here is my setup

sorry for the bad pics... they done from my iphone

I'll stick my question here as it has to do with modding the intake on newer cars:

For you guys out there with FDs with warranties still attached who have also either a CAI or SRI, do you still take your cars to honda for servicing?

I've got my 20k service coming up in december, and am a little worried that they'll take note of the SRI, and bring it up if I *ever* have any engine issues. Obviously if I had engine issues I'd re-install the OEM air box, but wondering if they'll keep a record of the car having had a modded intake at some point. I don't think the air filter is due to be changed according to the user manual/guide, but would they clean and re-oil the air filter on my SRI if it was dirty/due/if i asked for it?

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    Quote Originally Posted by markCivicVti View Post
    I'll stick my question here as it has to do with modding the intake on newer cars:

For you guys out there with FDs with warranties still attached who have also either a CAI or SRI, do you still take your cars to honda for servicing?

I've got my 20k service coming up in december, and am a little worried that they'll take note of the SRI, and bring it up if I *ever* have any engine issues. Obviously if I had engine issues I'd re-install the OEM air box, but wondering if they'll keep a record of the car having had a modded intake at some point. I don't think the air filter is due to be changed according to the user manual/guide, but would they clean and re-oil the air filter on my SRI if it was dirty/due/if i asked for it?
    3.5 years warranty left with injen cai, served at garry warren oakleigh, they didnt say anything

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    man thats the problem with those is that it sucks hot air from engine bay as well as its kinda illegal cause it needs heat deflector on it
    Im always scared of hydrolocking. but looking at your install, the filter sits pretty high off the ground. I dont think in the 2 years ive driven over water higher than 15cm. I might go the alternative and keep stock airbox but remove resonator and put a big mouth. But then again, the CAI kinda looks sexy.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    yep ive read lots of stuff on hydrolocking but i think in my 7 years of driving ive only had to drive through a big puddle like that once i think. But im heaps happy with the cai, love the sound and can feel the power difference. Unless thats just the noise of the CAI throwing me off

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD2
    the HKS only for FD1? no FD2? =(

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1
    FD2 can use Group M