Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro

Aircon Compressor Noise

Hi Guys,

Anyone else get this?

When my aircon is on, it is all well and good for a while,

then all of a sudden, while the car is idling and the pump's clutch engages to the pulley a squeel is let out.. it does my head in!,

it's not the belt as it's not constantly happening, only for a split second when the clutch engages..

I have greased the nut end of the pully, and the shaft to the compressor, hoping there is bearings there,

any help would be great,

Cheers guys
    Brendan

I also get this, not all the time, but most noticeable when sitting at lights and the compressor kicks in/out.

Would love to know if there was an easy fix, but I suspect it's just wear and tear on the compressor clutch. My Euro has 85k on the clock.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    that is exactly what happens to me, I have 75k on the clock.. The oil has been ok so far.. See what happens

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    wrong post in wrong thread.
    Last edited by xxb4xx; 26-03-2009 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xxb4xx View Post
    Just an update guys,

I ordered the spring from Honda, it has to come up from Vic,

It's $11.00

I can just imaging how much of a pain it's going to be to get to this thing.. bloody Japanese cars!
    The spring for your clutch master cylinder right? (not the AC compressor?)

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    hahahah So so Sorry,

I replied to the wrong thread.. I was meant to write that last post in the "creaky clutch" thread..

Once again, so sorry.

But I will update this thread in a couple days after the lube up I did, and post a pic of where I oiled it, if you like?

A photo of where you oiled it would be awesome!

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    No probs mate, will try and get one either this arvo or tomorrow,

Can you do direct photo dumps on here? or do I have to do the old Photobucket trick?

I usually just use imageshack and post the preview link (you can post high res photos that way).

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 04
    I had this happen to my car, i would be at lights and exactly the same thing would happen to mine. One day I was driving home and I hear this massive noise and metal breaking...then I had no air con....blowing hot air....my compressor died. I took it to my local guy and he had to order another compressor. There is a small bolt that the snapped clean in the compressor....cost me $1700

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The belt doesn't have to squeal all the time.
    Check the accessory belt tensioner to see if it is at maximum extension yet. The clutch engaging will give an instantaneous load to the belt and can cause it to slip for that split second until the A/C pulley is spun back up to speed.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 04
    Does this squealing problem only occur when the air-con is turned ON?

For me it happens when the air-con is turned off as well. I don't know where to check. Problem occurs when driving off in first gear, either flat surface or hill. It squeals for approx 3 secs (loud) and then stop. Mechanic can't find the problem.
    Hope someone out there can help me with this...where to look and what to do etc.