Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto

CU2 Fuel Consumption

When i first got my CU2 Auto I said I would post my findings on Fuel consumption after 5,000km. I do believe you need to use several tanks of fuel to get an accurate average. These figures have been obtained using Caltex Vortex 95 RON exclusively. Also I have not included the first tank of fuel as it is very obvious that the dealer did not completely fill the tank. After 3 months here are the accurate figures as per my spreadsheet.

4,756kms - 351.28 Liters - Average = 7.39 l/100km.

I find the fuel consumption displayed on the trip computer reads about 0.4 under the actual consumption.

Low fuel warning light comes on after 800 to 825 kms, however when the light comes on it takes 63 to 64 liters to fill the tank, yet there is supposedly around 7 liters remaining in the tank when the low fuel light comes on. This leads me to believe that the total capacity of the tank is slightly over 70 liters.

Byt who would complain about 800km + per tank in day to day driving. These figures lead mr to believe on a long trip it would be quite easy to exceed 900km + per tank.
    Last edited by buddah51au; 26-03-2009 at 08:01 PM.

as usual, nice figure buddah!!!

my avg after 1600kms is 11.5L/100kms.

Yesterday I manage to get it under 10L/100kms after refueling on Tuesday. But this morning, I stuck in a bit of traffic jam, so its back to 11.7L/100kms atm... At the moment, my worst enemy is traffic jam...

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    I actually calculated my fuel usage on my last trip the Perth.
    I filled up chockers when I got to Perth, to start my calculation. I spent 4 days vtecing around Perth, and then drove the 500kms home.
    I got 7.04 L / 100kms. I would have easily cracked into the 6's if I stuck to the speed limit on the way home, and drove 'normally' around Perth...
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    I have a best of 6.96 L / 100km over 1 tank after 784km. I have also seen as low as 6.2 registered over a short trip of 150km, which is the longest non stop trip I have done.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Yeah, that is absolutely awesome for an auto! Awesome for any car actually!

Man... cant wait to stop using my car to work... will have to for a time being...

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Wish I could give mine a rest as well Denot, typical day is 4 trips of 22.5km & that is for 6 days a week. cant wait to give it a loooooong trip though.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    Wish I could give mine a rest as well Denot, typical day is 4 trips of 22.5km & that is for 6 days a week. cant wait to give it a loooooong trip though.
    Back to Perth for me tomorrow! Another 500kms one way!

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    The other thing i did is reset Trip B (on the trip computer) when i picked up the car. After 5,500km it is showing 7.0 although as i stated previously it is not 100% accurate. Maybe i should take a picture of it for future reference.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    People often say that it is impossible to match a manufacturers advertised fuel economy. The last thing I expected when I got my CU2 was that it would be as economical as it is. We all know that the trip computers are not 100% accurate, My spreadsheet tells me that the trip computer reads .3 less than true fuel consumption. Even with that in mind here is a picture I have just taken that I am sure most of you will find hard to believe. This is Trip B which was set on the day i picked up the car, a whole 2 lts/100km better than advertised.

Last edited by buddah51au; 23-04-2009 at 04:50 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    People often say that it is impossible to match a manufacturers advertised fuel economy. The last thing I expected when I got my CU2 was that it would be as economical as it is. We all know that the trip computers are not 100% accurate, My spreadsheet tells me that the trip computer reads .3 less than true fuel consumption. Even with that in mind here is a picture I have just taken that I am sure most of you will find hard to believe. This is Trip B which was set on the day i picked up the car, a whole 2 lts/100km better than advertised.

Impressive figures. What petrol are you using?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Always Vortex 95