Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 H22a Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by kccord View Post
    Man....GT25 is too small, I don't know how high is the compression in your engine (9.5:1???) but probs, somewhere in 200whp, 270Nm area....How does your leak down and compression test show??

Cheap things don't go so well 90% of the time. No proper ECU limits tuning + Somewhere if you push it to 250-300whp mark + non-conservative tune = Broken ringlands, shot a rod, melted piston, lifted head etc....

Apparently its runnig standard compression. Unsure about leak down an comp test. Was never given the dyno sheets but was there the 3rd time it was dyno'd. Probably get a retune early next year.
    CD5REPZ

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 H22a Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    hi-flowed gt25, most likely has gt28 internals if its been hi-flowed, with s300 & tune.
    I don't see any issues there.

my gt2871 only does about the same on 10PSI, the numbers seem to stack up
    As far as I know an on the receipt it has had the ceramic internals changed to steel. Ported can see a bit of polished going on in there as well but is not that informing at all. Im just going on what ive been told.

Provides good power right thru the rev range spins 3rd 4th in the wet lol. Will have to take it to the next dyno day that Oz honda has in brisbane aswell should be fun..

Thanks all.
    CD5REPZ

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1996 EK4 turbo
    sounds like you have a pretty sweet street set up to me man i bet boost comes on nice and early but even with a flowed t25 theres not much point reving to 9k you say stock internals (10.4:1 comp b16a2) have you done any head work? 9k sounds way high for stock b16a head with stock single exhaust springs but to the tuner.

If you want more power dont go higher on boost much 10psi with stock rods and rod bolts is a good limit think more flow.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 H22a Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by ek4touge View Post
    sounds like you have a pretty sweet street set up to me man i bet boost comes on nice and early but even with a flowed t25 theres not much point reving to 9k you say stock internals (10.4:1 comp b16a2) have you done any head work? 9k sounds way high for stock b16a head with stock single exhaust springs but to the tuner.

If you want more power dont go higher on boost much 10psi with stock rods and rod bolts is a good limit think more flow.
    Standard Head, thought it would hit the limiter as most cars would but it didnt an went just past 9000rpm. Did it once more to see how the boost held thought the rev range.

I know theres not much point reving that high but Ive done it now so thats that. Im not gonna spend any more money on it maybe just a dyno tune and redo the intercooler piping but that will be about it im happy with it as it is.

Guys at Hi power brisbane tuned it a couple of times Previous owner payed for that! An theyve done a great job. fuel economy $45 380kms (small tank) around town. Havent done any road trips far away yet.
    CD5REPZ

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    i get alittle more per tank, but pretty good
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    i get a constant 400kms a tank in the civic with an EMS i got 670kms out of the tank on a trip once i was happy as with that
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    waste of money... put a b20 bottom end with an AFI turbo kit and your internals that you listed... 10-15psi with s300 you make good deals with AFI customer service 250-300atw

Member Array
    Car:
    CR-V
    Boost > B20 thin sleeve block.

Member Array
    Car:
    180sx , DA9 sir
    i sold him this b16a with my DA9, it's a JDM EG6 b16a and they are either supertech or crower retainers (can't really remember), the head was shaved, and i've replaced the OEM headbolts about 1.5 years ago when i installed the head, the head was in a EK9 before which pull 121kw@front wheels with C cams. (b16a head, b16b block)