Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs

EG Sometimes doesn't go into first gear

Hey guys, not really a problem but something that has had me stunned since I've had my first EG!

Now I'm on my 4th EG and all of them had the same problem occurs VERY RARELY.

Sometimes when I'm at a set of lights, I punch the clutch in and put it into first but I notice that it doesn't actually go into 1st gear, instead it feels like it's hitting something and doesn't allow me to engage the gear unless I let go of the clutch, punch the clutch in again and then put it into first and then it goes in fine!

Happens once probably every week or two and I drive my car every day, is this normal ? My car has a new clutch/flywheel installed about 10,000KMs ago and a rebuilt gearbox at the same time.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

I have the same problem too, and it was also in my friends eg as well. He said its common in the eg's but yeah thats what he said,

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD
    Funny enough it happens to me on my EK. However it's the reverse gear and not the first gear.

Same symptoms and same solution - release clutch and engage the gear again. Sometimes I'd have to do it twice. Thought it's normal..
    • FML •

haha same for me in reverse , and not sure abt first ? i just know that 1st is hard to get in when ur still rolling at a certain speed.

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Hiace
    Happens to me too.. First and reverse, I do the same, just pop the clutch out and back in again.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF
    for first gear its probably the synchros and they're probably getting worn, as for reverse its normal because the reverse gear does not have a synchro and they are straight cut therefore sometimes it is difficult to get it in reverse so you have to do it fast to get it into reverse smoothly

hope that helps
    Wakefield Park: 1:15.68 Stock Engine
    NOVTEC!!

just either double clutch or place into 4th then into 1st.

it happens to me too, changed my synchros now its okay... but make sure ur clutch is still good and ur gearbox oil level is good before assuming u got a worn synchros...

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    just either double clutch or place into 4th then into 1st.
    Tryed both, doesn't work until I pull clutch out and put it back in.

Happens on reverse too like others have said.

It's a fairly fresh built box and fairly new clutch!

I'll check the oil level.

THanks guys
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    yeah happens to me sometimes on reverse and 1st. i just pump the clutch or give the car a rev coz i read somewhere its got to do with the input spline being worn so it rests in a position where it doesnt mesh properly with the output spline, so you give it a rev and itll help it mesh up right
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    breeze guess wats inside?
    i got same problem. But thats prob because i hav a short shifter from ebay lol.
    BseriesOUS~!~

Member Array
    Car:
    EF
    but dont you guys understand its normal for reverse since its a straight cut gear?
    Wakefield Park: 1:15.68 Stock Engine
    NOVTEC!!