Greetings (new owner 09 VTI-S)

Hello everyone. I just want to introduce myself and stuff.

Just took delivery (today) on a white 09 Jazz VTI-S with the following options: Fog lights (argh, why didn't they come stock?!!?), deluxe floor mats, parking sensors (for my wife she is learning how to drive). My previous cars/groups were:

2007 Subaru Forester XT (GTRydaz and OzFoz) just a few mods (TurboXS stuff + a process west intercooler)
    2003 Acura RSX Type-S US Spec (Clubrsx.com) best time was 14.3@95mph running only a cold air intake and progress sport springs.
    1994 Honda Accord EX Us Spec
    1987 Honda CRX (b16a swap)

My reason for buying a jazz is simple.
    1. I needed to cool down. Although I had a bit of fun at the speed limit, i could feel my time was running out. (I accidentally raced an undercover cop to 60km driving my subaru. He took off at a light and I was like WTF you are driving a freggin Aurion...so as he had abit of a head start I launched, blew off by his window as I pulled ahead and let off once I hit 60. To my suprise the guy did a nose dive followed me into the valley, rolled down his window and said "mate, that was pretty stupid." I was like Two officers in the car. So yeah...cool off.
    2. My wife needs to learn how to drive and the subaru's clutch is NOT nice to learn on for someone who doesn't have a strong left leg.
    3. The subaru is NOT economical and I rarely took it off road.

Anyway, my intentions are (get some new projector housings with HID's in the front) Since 2003 I haven't had a car without HID's). And when it is time to change out the air filter I'll get an injen intake, but keep the car looking stock (with the exception of the lights).

Moved to intro thread

None the less welcome welcome!
    I haven't driven a Honda in years. :/ Does my honda lawn mower and whipper snipper count?

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    welcome and enjoy ur stay

Member Array
    Car:
    ah huhhh
    hey, welcome to OH

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Hi p.terribilis,

How much did you pay for your car on the road?

Do you have any pics you can post up? I'm looking to buy a new VTI-s myself. Currently own a 2003 VTI-s Jazz.

Thanks,
    Mark.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 Fit
    Welcome!
    How do you find the Jazz?
    I'm thinking of trading for a 09 VTI-S as well sometime this year.
    plusplusplus
    gd3fit

How is it to drive - I would have thought sluggish and frustrating compared to your old cars!

Dads recently sold his euro to my little brother for 10k (immaculate too *Cry* to buy a Forrester XT !

Anyways good luck with your purchase i bet it's awesome.

I actually haven't driven it yet I'm in Adelaide on work and my wife (who is learning how to drive) and my mother took delivery. I get back into Brissie on Friday so I will give you guys updates then. I ended up paying around 27 for everything on the road including a 5 year warranty with 5 year road side assist.

Comments from my wife were:

More comfortable seats than the Forester, easier to drive (my forester was a manual..go figure), pretty, sexy, she loves the way the back looks?, but she hasn't had a chance to play with the stereo, or have a real go at it.

My opinions before I see it: Yes, it will be sluggish in comparison but I need to chill. Driving my sisters' GLI once or twice vs the VTIS that I test drove ...I like the new one better...it has better visibility, more comfortable seats, and I LOVE THE INTERIOR SPACE.

Thanks for all of the "welcomes" I will take pics as soon as I get back to brisvegas!

Quote Originally Posted by lolnic View Post
    How is it to drive - I would have thought sluggish and frustrating compared to your old cars!

Dads recently sold his euro to my little brother for 10k (immaculate too *Cry* to buy a Forrester XT !

Anyways good luck with your purchase i bet it's awesome.

Wow! I should have sold him mine. It was a real beast. I pulled up next to Audi's, holdens, fords, etc....and knew that if they couldn't launch better than a 2.0 60ft...they'd have to go over the speed limit in order to catch me. I had some fun with a guy in an Audi TT (new one) he obviously didn't know how to launch. Was driving in the valley and we got to a light and him and his girl were looking over (prolly because my subby had a lil' rumble at idle) and instead of setting his revs...light turned green and he floored it (spun slightly) at the same time I reckon I pulled a good 1.8 60ft or so and kept a car or 1 1/2 cars in front until I hit about 65. Good job buddy..you can't even beat a 40K wagon with your 100k car.

One thing I can say is...I FELT TERRIBLE when I sold my RSX Type S (DC5) but didn't feel the same feeling when I sold my subaru. Every Honda I have ever owned...I dunno..it is like part of the family. anyone else like that?

Dads looking brand new (not to say your old car wasn't immaculate) I think he's after a 'fun car' now but wanted it to be practical (as practical as a turbo wagon is !) and not a obvious sports car i suppose.

Not sure why he didn't get a liberty but I've been told he's been researching it for some time, i'm in Adelaide and he's in Brisbane which is why I didn't get the Honda for 10k .

Hope you like your new Jazz, that was more expensive than I though jazz's were - did you look at the Civics too?

I wanted a hatch. BTW, Subaru's seats (with the exception of STI's) are NOT comfortable and the subaru service dept wants $$$ for everything..i did all the servicing myself (with the exception of the first two). Yeah, the forester was a "fun car" without the attention a wrx gets. Let me tell you though....when the weather got bad...there wasn't any other car (except maybe my parents turbo sahara) that I felt more comfortable in. THAT CAR COULD MAKE A U-TURN IN THE RAIN with my foot on the floor and still got straight. I could launch at 3-4k rpm in the rain and the thing just stuck. I gotta change my wet weather driving now to suit the new jazz.