Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

why are 5th gen preludes expensive for insurance?

hey guys.... was considering manual vtir ludes... just wondering why theri so expensive in bloody insurance..... jsut car quoted me 2500. (btw i had a 6 month suspension from speeding taken into account)

2 door sports car?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    2500 is turbo territory.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    i just did a quote with my details with bingle.com.au

my price was 976 for the year.

maybe you are a young shit driver living in cabramatta

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    lol luc

try putting insurance under a parents name
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Member Array
    Car:
    AU XR8 220
    it goes on driver history, age, gender and location aswell as what the car is.

me: 99 vtir lude, 25, no licence suspentions, no at fault claims, living in boronia SE melb, suspension mods, kit, stereo, $1200
    me mate: 97 vtir lude, 24, lost licence 3 times (once demerits, twice street racing), 1 at fault claim, living in ringwood (about 4 suburbs from me), no mods, just a tad over $3000

but then another example.
    when i moved here from bendigo (central vic).
    living in bendigo and being under 25 my insurance was $1200...moved to melb it went up to $2000...turned 25 and it went down to $1200.
    $800 jump cause melbourne has a higher risk of accident or theft than central vic.

and are you male or female?
    they typically charge more for men as we are more likely to have an accident. apparently.

so.....how old are you, where are you, whats ya driving record like and are you male or female?
    Hallowed Are The Ori

Member Array
    Car:
    BB6 Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    (btw i had a 6 month suspension from speeding taken into account)
    This is your reason. Just cars charged me less than half that when I was with them. Their initial price when I was 19 was $1200
    "The sign of a good quote is that it has inverted commas at each end"
    -Shaun Micallef

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    21 this year, just the one suspension for speeding. living in 2170. (sydney) .yeah well looking at preludes as a run around while i wait till end of the year till i start looking at 350z...looks like insurance takes that away.

it also helps if people check with insurance companies before they purchase their cars, this way you can work out if you really can afford to drive that type of car.
    --------------------------------------

NA all the way, turbos are ghey.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 vtir prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    hey guys.... was considering manual vtir ludes... just wondering why theri so expensive in bloody insurance..... jsut car quoted me 2500. (btw i had a 6 month suspension from speeding taken into account)
    try ING, just cars will kill ur life in excess

600 excess
    650/600 sex excess
    900 (coz it falls under more likely to be stolen or written off)

ING is 1800 for me and only 1200 excess, instead of just cars which is 2300 and 2150 excess
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    I reckon there should be a right lane, a middle lane, a left lane and a Nikki lane.....
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    look at its headlights.

if its pupils have gone massive, you know its pinging
    >_<"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    I noticed the same thing when I was looking for insurance at the end of last year. I ended up going with AAMI cause my parents are with them as well.

I'm 21 (22 in a few days), Rating 1, No crashes, Done the AAMI safe driving test and pay around $875. I also get a bit of a discount because my parents are with them as well.

This is for a 97 vti-r prelude.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by 94vtirozguy View Post
    it also helps if people check with insurance companies before they purchase their cars, this way you can work out if you really can afford to drive that type of car.

wtf is this meant to mean??? i havnt got the car yet, hence this is why i got a few quotes for different cars.