Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    demineralised water is a bit overkill for the windshield imo.
    well it's ethier that or get algea in the lines and have to fork out $xx for new piping, does the job and for less than $2 for a small bottle why not
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Your washer reservoir water looks dirty! lol

I've never used demineralised water in any car at work. Always used town-water. We do use an additive sometimes (just a detergent). Its about $2 for a tiny bottle but does the whole tank. Water never goes sludgey with that stuff in it.

I have, however had people bring cars in that have filled theirs with water from their own water tank - once the heat from the engine bay gets to it (especially if its pretty old water) it gets all mould and algae in it - usually kills the washer pump and blocks the jets.

I'm not worried about using town water, but pinch a bottle of additive from work every now and then. Cleans the screen great and the water stays crystal clear!

Possible additions Ryan, could be:
    * Check/Replace Wiper blades - Driving in heavy rain with buggered wipers sucks! Let alone possible damage to your screen! New blades = $20 / New screen = $100's

* Apply RainX and/or FogX for the windows (especially good coming into Winter) - this stuff is pure gold!

* Tyre Pressures, balance and rotation - People don't realise how many klms they're missing out on due to poor tyre maintenance.

* If you have an older style battery that requires routine maintenance - top up the water level in each of the filler holes with demineralised water.
    FN2R

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    excellent man

lol, ppl still buy batteries that arent maintenance free? dayum

good point on the wiper blades, I try to replace mine often as theyre even from the dealer $9 each, minus the metal inserts of course, lol good product, ppl will be hard pressed finding a better blade than oem Honda items

and that water isnt dirty btw, its orange from the Honda oem washer additive, which also rejuvenates the blades and leaves the screen visble in any kind of weather around $3 a small bottle that can treat 3L lol

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    good guide here ryan

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    just out of interest also, what pressure do you guys run in your tyres on your ek's?? I put 38 in the front tyres and 36 in the rears.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I run the same pressure in all my tyres, around 37 atm

I love J-Cups

Quote Originally Posted by jks24 View Post
    just out of interest also, what pressure do you guys run in your tyres on your ek's?? I put 38 in the front tyres and 36 in the rears.
    Tire pressure should depend on size and intended purpose.

As a rule of thumb for street use, lower profile tires should have higher pressure. 36 - 40 PSI .

OEM size 30 - 35 PSI

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    updated with new info from fellow members, cheers guys

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    I'm at 36 Front,34 Rear.

215/45/15
    Last edited by beeza; 07-04-2009 at 07:25 PM.

and your point is???

you've become uncool since you've started to bag me out for no reason

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    beeza or me?

also Im going to make a thread on how to change window motors in a few weeks and an indepth guide to clutch master and slave removal stay tuned to DIY

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    and your point is???

you've become uncool since you've started to bag me out for no reason
    The point is to give an idea of what tyre pressure's other's are running but I should have said my rim/tyre size...updated.

I have had plenty of reasons to speak up and say something where no one else has the balls too.I care,that's why I did.I care about Ozhonda and the attitude it projects and I care about you.Just goes to show you don't have to had met someone face to face to understand them and care about them.