Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    Quote Originally Posted by riruiz_88 View Post
    may aswell go for ITR brake booster/master cylinder dude.
    do you know if the 92-96 ITR has 1" booster? or do all of them? sorry just not sure?

those brakes look great what did you use to paint them and the arms with?
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi

Brake Upgrade

Added some info re brake booster and MC to my original post.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    murcielago
    cbf to make a new thread, they will just say use the search button so might aswell just post a question in this thread!

need some information, i read thru but i get confused
    im running a k series,
    but i want to upgrade my brakes, to 282mm fronts on my eg5.
    a seller is selling dc2r calipers, would that be a straight bolt on? or would i need more than just the calipers to fit it onto the eg5 si,

all im going to do is change the front calipers, run 282mm 4x100 slotted disc, itr m/c and upgrade the rear to slotted 242mm and ebc green pads thats it.

but my question is about the front calipers of dc2r 2 fit onto the eg5 si, is it simple?
    EG5 Powered by DR HONDA
    Tune By: Scott @ Insight Motorsport

QSR Customs

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda EGK25A
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM.Power View Post
    cbf to make a new thread, they will just say use the search button so might aswell just post a question in this thread!

im running a k series,
    a seller is selling dc2r calipers, would that be a straight bolt on? or would i need more than just the calipers to fit it onto the eg5 si,

all im going to do is change the front calipers, run 282mm 4x100 slotted disc, itr m/c and upgrade the rear to slotted 242mm and ebc green pads thats it.

but my question is about the front calipers of dc2r 2 fit onto the eg5 si, is it simple?
    No...you need different knuckle.
    - MTA APPRENTICESHIP PLUS - SHIFT PERFORMANCE - +++++++

Member Array
    Car:
    murcielago
    gay shit! dammit..
    EG5 Powered by DR HONDA

QSR Customs

Account Disabled Array

im running a k series,

I would stay with the small brakes in case you want to slick it up for the 1/4mile with the 13inch rims

Member Array
    Car:
    murcielago
    would 242 hold up on track?
    EG5 Powered by DR HONDA

QSR Customs

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda EGK25A
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    I would stay with the small brakes in case you want to slick it up for the 1/4mile with the 13inch rims
    Thats what i thought, sold my 282mm wilwoods thinking i was gonna do wsid, plans have changed and now i need 282mm big brake kit. Spewing!! threw my dc2 knuckles in the bin. Now i need all that shit back.

Yeah as benson said stick with the standard brakes incase you wanna run slicks (13X8's) if not you can always run 15 inch rims anyways doesnt matter. Just figure out what your plans for the car is. I run standard brakes atm slotted rotors (RDA) with some good quality pads and it stop me no worries.
    You shouldnt be driving that fast on the road anyways, You might kill someone.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda EGK25A
    would 242 hold up on track?
    For what? drags or track??? drags..YES, circuit??? NO....what you find after a lap or so your brakes will fade my friend. You wanna have brakes your confident in. If you aint confident with your brakes then you know you havent got good ones.
    Having good brakes is just as good as having heaps of power, whats the point of having all this power when you cant stop. You need a good combo of brake from rotors,calipers and most importantly pads. 262mm to 282mm with the a decent caliper and pads and it should be fine. It also really comes down to what suits your car as well. You have a kswap civic so im thinking quick. so yeah your gonna need good set of brakes if you wanna do circuit.
    But for drags just stick your leg out the door.

Member Array
    Car:
    murcielago
    indeed, im going into circuit next year, so i might aswell do it right in the first place and save money down the track

so list to do, is dc2 knuckle off vtir or R?
    dc2r brake calipers, and it would just bolt in without a problem?
    EG5 Powered by DR HONDA

QSR Customs

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda EGK25A
    indeed, im going into circuit next year, so i might aswell do it right in the first place and save money down the track

Thats exactly right. And dont forget good pads. NOT LIBRA pads. There for women.

Good suspension, baffled oil sump, oil catch can and pump or the chassisbraces, weight reduction(improves handling and performance if you wanna acheive good results) rim, tyres, good oil,good clutch, there a shitload you need to do. But it all takes time.

Im a bit hesitant to introduce my k24 to the track but i have faith in after driving it....but the main issue for me is whether i can make this engine last. Im even considering a k20. But lets see.

but just bear all that in mind....best way to attain knowledge is to pop down to the track and talk to the right people and they will steer you in the right direction.

Account Disabled Array

Get good pads and new rotors for your current brakes. Upgrade the MC and BB as well

Then when your ready for track, then upgrade your brakes. I use to run the stock EG brakes on the circuit a couple of times to reduce cost on tyres. They held up fine. Its only when you want to get more serious, then upgrading brakes is essential