Thread: Need Help

Account Disabled Array

Need Help

ey guys got a vti-r at the moment with some decent mods but thinking of doing some head work.. remove & replace cylinder head, port the head, cylinder overhaul - 3 angle valve job, upper engine gasket, timing belt, M-Factory Stage 3 camshaft kit - Cams + springs + titanium retainers + adjustable cam pulleys & of course ecu + tune maybe apexi power fc.. ive been quoted around $6,300.. wondering whether or not i should do this or get a typeR engine instead and then WAIT to do the same thing to it.. would there be a massive difference in power? what do u guys think i should do?

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Do a B20 VTEC conversion instead and save yourself roughly $2000.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra
    dont bother with type r engine
    ure just gonna replace type r internals with aftermarket
    as for 6300 its upto as theres a good chance a b20 vtec would
    be put out as much power 4 cheaper
    sometimes more

Member Array
    Car:
    A Honda
    As geeang said you better off doing something like a b20 conversion rather than getting a type r conversion.
    I was going to do the same thing with my vtir but instead i'm going to use the money to do other mods. If i were to replace it with a type r motor i might as well have bought a type r instead.
    I'd do b20 and work your way slowly with internal mods on the head and see where your money is at then.