Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic

Tein parts for EK

Time to do some suspension mods. looking at getting either the S.Tech lowered springs, or the basic dampers. id love to get super streets, but me car will never see a track, its only a daily driver. i want it a lower than standard, fitting fat fives in the near future.

On the fulcrum website, it only lists part numbers for the EK9, i have an EK1, just want to double check that i can use EK9 sussy parts on my EK1.

oh, & if anyones got any shots of an EK with tein s.techs or basic dampers, feel free to post em up. Thanks in advance,
    Justin

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    you should be fine using the ek9 parts onto your ek1
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    tein super street coilovers arent that harsh. It can be set so its nearly as soft as stock springs. I have mine on the hardest setting and its still soft for daily driving on sydney's crappy roads.

Member Array
    Car:
    DMC-12
    i have that tein stech for ek4/ek9 on my EK1. of course it will fit your car! best bang for buck. i recommend it if you're not tracking your car. they are progressive springs - good ride quality and firm handling.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    outatime - did the stechs lower your car much? There's 2 versions of the stechs, the jp/au version (SKH36-M1B00) & us version (SKA24-AUB00). the us stechs have a 1.9"f/1.7"r drop, but the au/jp stechs only have a -23mm f/ -15mm r drop. which ones have you got? & do u have any shots

Reason im thinking of going for basic dampers, since im getting new springs, i may aswell get new dampers aswell. I got quoted $1800 for super streets, believe me if i had the money id get them, but realistically my car is only a daily driver, & will never see a track, so i will never be able to use the super streets to there full potential!

Member Array
    Car:
    DMC-12
    i got the jap/au version. the drop isnt that bad. it gives the car an agressive stance and sporty appearance. it's practical, i can go through all driveways and humps without scraping.

i'll pm u the pic shortly..

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    Did you get a quote on the basic dampers?
    If the choice is between the Basic Dampers and the Super Streets, definitely pay the extra for the S.S's (even if you have to save a bit longer, I'm sure you won't regret doing so). I've experienced the basic damper in the front of a Commodore and the ride is fairly harsh, whereas with the S.S's you can adjust the damper to soften it up.

Is there any reason you are going with Tein? Spoon progressive springs are something I suggest you have a look into also.
    If you aren't looking for height adjustment you can look into a good spring and shock combo.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    i need something that rides nicely, as the misses uses the car aswell. i just may have to go with a spring/shock combo. SS' are just too much, ill be flat out getting the Stechs!

Im going with Tein because there's a Fulcrum in Cairns...

Member Array
    Car:
    DMC-12
    Spoon is overpriced and won't give your car that much drop. It's only 20mm drop, that's about 0.7 inches. also gives the car a big gap at the front..

pm sent vtecnique

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    dude 1800 for SS your kidding.. these SS and basic damper on ebay both Tein for 1000 jesus get them dude.

REMEMBER TEIN SS ISNT MEANT TO LOWERING... the rears go very low the front doesnt. only way to make the front lower is to use only 1 plate

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '00 EK
    be sure to check out auto access (or it might be access auto) they have stech for ek for 270 and tein coilovers for 1000 limited time only.

I just had stech delivered

Member Array
    Car:
    B18CEK DC2VTiR

Smile

Access Autoworks, offering limited time only Tein Basic Coilovers? Sounds like an excellent buy for $1000. however, for the sake of spending this much and being let down has anybody got these on an EK with pictures? with comments on ride for a daily driver? how low is low without sacrificing the ride? As soon as you see coilovers for $1000 you want to get them! feedback..