Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_EG4 View Post
    I've experienced the basic damper in the front of a Commodore and the ride is fairly harsh, whereas with the S.S's you can adjust the damper to soften it up.
    here are the specs for the us versions for the 96-00 civics
    http://www.tein.com/tech_info/h98.html
    Dunno if the spring rates for the au basic dampers would be the same, but i guess we could use it as a rough estimate...

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
    dude 1800 for SS your kidding.. these SS and basic damper on ebay both Tein for 1000 jesus get them dude.

REMEMBER TEIN SS ISNT MEANT TO LOWERING... the rears go very low the front doesnt. only way to make the front lower is to use only 1 plate
    Just looked on ebay for both SS & basics. all from us retailers, SS' were around $1600 & basics were around $1100. by the time you factor in shipping, i would honestly just rather buy them locally. i think 1800 for brand new SS' is a fair price...

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    it aint a honda, but its the only basic damper review i could find
    http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=66659.0

Member Array
    Car:
    96 EK Civic GLi
    has anyone got a pic of the s.techs on an ek?

and they are pretty comfortable to drive on arent they?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by outatime View Post
    i have that tein stech for ek4/ek9 on my EK1. of course it will fit your car! best bang for buck. i recommend it if you're not tracking your car. they are progressive springs - good ride quality and firm handling.
    that may answer your question. the fulcrum website has the spring rates fopr the stechs aswell...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECnique View Post
    here are the specs for the us versions for the 96-00 civics
    http://www.tein.com/tech_info/h98.html
    Dunno if the spring rates for the au basic dampers would be the same, but i guess we could use it as a rough estimate...
    Most people may disagree with me but those are reasonably hard springs.
    Fulcrum adjusts some of the spring rates and valving on their Tein coilovers to suit Aussie conditions better.
    Did the workers in at Fulcrum have any helpful information for you?

Just put simply, you are going after a nice little drop and a bit firmer ride/improved handling. Aren't you?
    Maybe it would be best to get the S Techs and save for some SS's later on down the track.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    Red EG4 - thats exactly what im after. i may for now just go the stechs, im also looking closely at front & rear sway bars now, & some new lcas...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    sway bars will add to the ride stiffness alot.
    any reason for the lca's?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    no real reason for the lca's, looking at the blox or megans, apart from shaving some weight & strong, thats about it.

Ive just realised, since im going to fit these stechs myself, i have to take all the plastic surround on the inside at the rear off to get to the top of the strut. Is it a pretty straight forward install?

Member Array
    Car:
    i bought tein ss 2nd hand for $800 bucks deliveried from perth. they were rebuilt at the beginning of the year too.
    they only worth just a little over a grand brand new.
    1800 for ss is a super rort!
    ss is pretty good for the street, i have my car lowered 2.5 inches yet havent lost any comfort, its like stock
    Last edited by defect; 07-04-2009 at 04:53 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECnique View Post
    no real reason for the lca's, looking at the blox or megans, apart from shaving some weight & strong, thats about it.

Ive just realised, since im going to fit these stechs myself, i have to take all the plastic surround on the inside at the rear off to get to the top of the strut. Is it a pretty straight forward install?
    there isn't just a small section that pops off?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    hey, you can get to them through the rear speaker mounts with an extention.

Anyway, for now im going with the STech springs, when tax time comes im going to grab some then, i will post pics of the car before & after...