Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCOR EURO LUXURY

Unhappy Euro fuel consumption

Have a 2006 Euro Luxury Nav.
    Getting 14 l/100 km - mainly urban, short runs
    Honda says car is ok (warranty claim re consumption) - even though I paid for a dyno test indicating serious fall of air fuel ratio
    Other forums indicate should be getting at least 9.2 l/100 km
    I am 64 & a sedate driver.
    My previous Euro gave excellent consumption - 6.5 country & 10 average
    What consumption should I get & what do you get?

Are you auto or manual? I think 10-12 is is normal for auto urban driving. I drive manual, when my compressor died, i got as good as 7.8. Recently, its been getting worse. About 9.5 for manual. So I don't think you have TOO much to be getting worred about. Have you tried using premium 98 fuel?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    there was a wheels test I read once that did show the auto euro getting in the 14s for only city driving. Definately not in the manual though.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Could you show us your dyno chart?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro Lux
    If your AFRs are all over the shop I'd look at swapping your oxygen sensor(s). I'm not sure but I assume these cars only have one. Try getting your hands on one you know is ok and trying that.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCOR EURO LUXURY

Smile Euro fuel consumption

THANKS FOR RESPONSES
    YES IT IS AUTO
    HAVEN'T TRIED 98 BUT MANUAL SAYS USE95 - & 98 IS DEARER THAN 95 0 BUT WILL TRY IT - THANKS
    I'LL POST DYNO CHART WHEN I WORK OUT HOW - I THINK I CAN
    WAS THE 9.5 FIGURE ALL URBAN? ADD 10% FOR AUTO & A/C - YOUR RATE WOULD BE APP 10.5
    MY READING TELLS ME THAT AN OXYGEN SENSOR ONLY CORRECTS VERY MINOR DEVIATIONS FROM STOICHIOMETRIC - +-5% I THINK & IS OUT OF CIRCUIT (OPEN LOOP) AT MEDIUM TO HIGH ENGINE LOADS. aS THE CAR IS UNDER WARRANTY, I HESITATE TO FIDDLE WITH THE O2 SENSOR - BUT A SERVICE TECH COULD

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCOR EURO LUXURY

Unhappy

Sorry moderator - I used all caps last post but will use lower case in future

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCOR EURO LUXURY
    Moderator - thanks. App 26000 km. bought new. Previous Euro was bought new - Good suggestion re injectors

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    Ludes
    Yeah sounds high. I have a 2003 manual and I hammer around the city and still get in the 9's/100L. Definately something wrong if intake, exhaust and rest is stock. Goodluck.
    NSX headlights, DI NOC Carbon film, Flips Parts sale .

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    it really depends though if he does alot of mileage from short trips < 10mins drive and few times a day then obviously that is going to kill your consumption.

e.g Had a work mate who had a 2007 commodore and was complaining why he got 20-23L/100km, ended up being his wife cause she does alot of 5-10min trips each day.

Show us your dyno graph to see fuel ration might be running rich or something wrong with the o2 sensors as stated previously.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

when I putt around the city, usually like 20 minutes drive in stop and go traffic crawls, I get like 11.5-12 on the trip computer..... if highway cruises, I get like 7. Manage to get 6.7 once, going 90kmh on 6th gear.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    cdbstock are you basing it on your average/100km on the dash display right?
    because if you do the calcs the average for a number amount of tanks of fuel you've gone through which is inaccurate but is an estimation.

My suzuki swift is rated 6.1l/100km but the clock read 10.8l/100km.

Assuming if you don't do this for future fill ups (please disregard if you do calc)
    Next time calculate by the fuel receipt and before fill up zero your clock.
    (Amount filled up (X litres) divide by number of KM's on the clock) multiply by 100 = mileage per 100km
    For example: (55litres / 600km@filluponclock)*100 = 9.167L/100km

What fuel you pump into it and what mileage do you get before fill up?
    Are you using "SHELL UNLEADED or Vpower" ? If so try another brand like Mobil Syn 8000 or BP Ultimate
    Last edited by Crapdaz; 06-04-2009 at 09:48 AM.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9