Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbstock View Post
    has anyone got a dyno/AFR chart for a cl9 euro auto? Can you post it? My 2006 euro auto lux gets >14 l/100km - sedate driving generally under 2500 rpm - mainly short trips around 10 to 20 minutes.
    That's your reason for killer consumption.
    How many trips a day? >3 short trips?
    Last edited by Crapdaz; 13-05-2009 at 05:38 PM.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapdaz View Post
    That's your reason for killer mileage.
    How many trips a day? >3 short trips?
    If you do only short trips without any long trips, then the fuel consumption will be higher because it is not cancelled out by the longer trips.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    If you do only short trips without any long trips, then the fuel consumption will be higher because it is not cancelled out by the longer trips.
    that's what i mean, killer consumption *edit*
    vTeK 4-Life!

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Fuel consumption is dependent on the conditions the vehicle is driven under & the right foot of the driver. Give me the car for an hour & i would lay odds i could get it under

7l /100k.....short trips kill economy

Just filled up last Tuesday and before that, I did a routine photo before heading out to Caltex

during this last fill up:

-the fuel gauge reached exactly half mark, $31 of 95 Premium
    -I did alot of short trips
    -tyres were pumped up as usual every time after I fill up, at 230 front and 220 rear (kPa)
    -had some rainy days with air con on, and occasionally 2 or more passengers
    -did not VTEC the car, nor shift over 4000rpm (yeah my mind's gonna blow )
    -I short shift alot, go easy on the throtle
    -always try cruising at 2000rpm (1500rpm on downhill or extreme flats)
    -serviced the car last month, mechanic changed engine oil, cleaned the K&N panel filter and replaced the oil filter

so ended up racking up 268.1km

how's that compared to everyone?... disappointing really... maybe in the market for a 1.8...
    Last edited by Blitzen; 14-05-2009 at 01:27 AM. Reason: typo...

since owning my car in april 2008, i've always pumped bp ultimate 98. first couple of tanks, barely managed 580kms per tank (i have never filled more than 59L). after 2 months, fuel consumption bettered and i got easy 650kms per tank.

my average now hovers round the 650kms mark give or take 20kms. this is all dependent on my right foot, and types trips.
    i average 80kms a day, most of which is hwy kms. shortest trip is 7kms, done atleast twice a day. fuel consumption doesnt change if i run aircond or not. i've run a/c from full to empty and still got the same result, around the 650kms mark

my best tank was a country trip, where i got 780kms from a full tank and that was with a/c on all the time. this was kms a half tank: half tank

also, anything below 2000rpm may not be helping u save fuel, cause your car doesnt have enought power to move, thus end up using more fuel to get motion happening. best to stick around the 2000-3000rpm range. that way it is atleast withing ur torque range and power range, so you're not loading your car as much.
    Last edited by eg_08_wa; 14-05-2009 at 01:46 AM.

I'm going to check in other areas of this forum -- I think you need to go to Dyno thread.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    how many litres was that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post

Just filled up last Tuesday and before that, I did a routine photo before heading out to Caltex

-tyres were pumped up as usual every time after I fill up, at 230 front and 220 rear (kPa)
    -had some rainy days with air con on, and occasionally 2 or more passengers
    -did not VTEC the car, nor shift over 4000rpm (yeah my mind's gonna blow )
    -I short shift alot, go easy on the throtle
    -always try cruising at 2000rpm (1500rpm on downhill or extreme flats)
    -serviced the car last month, mechanic changed engine oil, cleaned the K&N panel filter and replaced the oil filter

how's that compared to everyone?... disappointing really... maybe in the market for a 1.8...
    vTeK 4-Life!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    [IMG]http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/181/img278.jpg[IMG]

How many litres did $31 buy you?

I just filled up last night. Put in 47.49 litres and had driven 545km. That gives me 8.7L/100km. I do 10 minutes freeway and 15 minutes slow road (60km/h + 2 school zones in the morning at 40km/h) each way everyday.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    $31 means nothing.............. puahahahhaa
    vTeK 4-Life!

ha! yeah I barley use the car, only for Friday nights and weekends. I've just found the receipt and it's $30.95 woth of petrol including discount got me 26.34 litres, I filed up on the 5th this month and it lasted me for a whole week till the 12th

But I remember I had quite some fuel left in the tank before that fill, but it was cheap Tuesday so the fill up made it to half a tank on the gauge, which is probably 30 litres?

but yeah... my short trips is killing fuel consumption, maybe I'm better of driving a smaller car :P
    Last edited by Blitzen; 14-05-2009 at 10:08 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    that is no way to measure fuel consumption and means nothing