Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: My EK CXi

glad to see they arrived i hope u enjoy them!

> Rear sway bar (still weighing between OEM or Whiteline)

You will require a sub-frame brace when using > 14mm rear sway bars as the mounting points are a known weakness.

Might as well get an ASR brace and ITR 22mm rear bar package in one hit and save some cash.

suspension alignment is probably the cheapest and most effective upgrade possible.

Negative 2-2.5 degrees front camber, negative 1-1.5 degrees rear.

Throw some sticky rubber on the rims and viola!

Wheel size is more to do with visual appeal than economics.

Nick.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    looking good, nice mp3 compartment you've got going on
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Where did you order the cup holder from?
    How much did it set you back?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD
    @ nd55: Thanks for the tips Nick. Will look into the ASR + ITR package.

@ EK1.6LCIV: Thanks mate. I hopped into the car this morning and realised that it's not actually that accessible with the remote being there. I'll probably see if I can extend the remote cable so I can stick it right below the head unit.

@ Mirage: Got it from a fellow OH member for $60. The cupholder isn't exactly huge so don't expect to put your Large Boost Juice in there.
    • FML •

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    if going for a rear sway bar, id also consider the beaks subframe reinforcement kit. Do you plan to track the car?

Engine mods, mini-me would be a nice little bump in power, not a huge increase, & i believe also a mini-me also raises compression slightly. but, because the D16Y4 is a very unique & different engine, its not just a matter of fitting a Vtec head & plugging in its ecu.

Because the Y4s wiring harness/loom is completely different to OBD2 hondas. I would like to upgrade my Y4s performance, so im looking at using a wiring loom from a USDM '00 Civic (D16Y7), & its dizzy. Because the D16Y7 is OBD2a/b (2000) this will allow me to use a OBD2a/b > OBD1 conversion harness to use a chipped OBD1 ecu. not exactly cost effective, but will make the Y4 a much easier platform to modify.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    the beaks would be great if it was like the cusco and wasnt lower than the stock subframe (it will break off, they may as well of called them breaks, lol...)

upgrading to a cusco item or carbing item would be advisable as they are a one piece design with no weak as endings that will break off and alot cheaper
    Last edited by EK1.6LCIV; 07-04-2009 at 08:52 AM.

I love J-Cups

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD
    Just took a side profile picture this morning - nothing fancy as you can see. Stock everything except for the CSA wheels that I'm dying to get rid off. Will probably spray paint it over the next few weekends and see how it'll turn out. A 1.5" drop is definitely warranted as well.

So I was finger itchy and decided to put on some effects. If anyone's got some high res photoshoots that they want to enhance or beautify, shoot me a msg and I'll be happy to work on them when I have the time.

• FML •

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    she's in excellent shape

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    A black one
    Black eks are winraaaaaaaaaaaaarrrr
    Anyone selling a black ek1 facelift Hood (OEM)?? PM ME

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD
    LOL unfortunately in a close-up you'll see loads of scratches from keys, stone chips etc. It would be too tedious to touch up all of them and besides, it would look patchy with too much of that.

Then again, a full respray would be too $$$.
    • FML •

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    yea I'd only ever respray a car if I was planning to hard park it, it was in an accident, rust on alot of the panels

but from your pic its still like new, with the usual wear and tear

I just got my front bar done for the second time in a yr and a half sooo many stone chips, lol

I love J-Cups