Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    Quote Originally Posted by sifnt View Post
    cbr250rr engine drop? seriously engine drop?
    not with cbr250's, rvf you need to partially drop motor...

CBR AFAIK is take off rhs fairing & unbolt radiator
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

il see if i can take some photo while im doing the service, just to help future people like myself.

Can anyone tell me which engine oil to use?
    I've had mixed reviews on fully and semi synthetic.
    Im looking at Motul 5100 10W50 or 20w50.

What are you guys using??

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    you wont need to drop the engine to get the plugs out just undo and move the radiator forward and put extension with sparkplug socket then put the ratchet on and you can get them out its a bit fidily but you can do it pretty easy.

fully synthetic and the lowest weight you can get will make the little sucker rev heaps faster!!!

using 5-40 fully synthetic
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 05
    Quote Originally Posted by lookingforboost View Post
    you wont need to drop the engine to get the plugs out just undo and move the radiator forward and put extension with sparkplug socket then put the ratchet on and you can get them out its a bit fidily but you can do it pretty easy.

fully synthetic and the lowest weight you can get will make the little sucker rev heaps faster!!!

using 5-40 fully synthetic
    is that ok to use fully syntheic oil, coz the CBR2590 is older than 15 years already, i want to know too, as i want to service my CBR too

Go Motul 5100 it was close to $50 for a 5L at MCA on Parramatta Road. $10 for a oil filter there as well.

2.2L for just oil change
    2.4L for oil + filter change
    2.7L if you opened up ur engine (which you won't be asking here)

You can use your car jack to jack up the front but i find it easier just leaving it as is and ly on ur back to undo the drain bolt and the oil filter. The jack gets in the way of the oil pan. The oil filter is a cartridge closer to the front tyre with a hex bolt. Drain bolt is a standard 12mm i think.

I've just done the oil change and opinions of most riders was Motul 5100 10w50. MCA have this for $55 for 4L bottle.
    Oil filter was $9.95

Noticeable changes are that it revs much more freely to 18k RPM.

Noticed that I'm slipping into neutral from 1st to 2nd gear, but maybe its just me.

I also did radiator coolant flush...

All up an $80 service and looked like the bike had never had the oil filter changed for ages as it was on its last threads...

glad I did the service as previous owner said they just did one.