Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 HondaAccordV6Lux Blk

Best Fuel for 09 V6 Lux Accord

Friends,
    Which fuel would you guys suggest for the V6 Lux 08 Model
    The fuel cap does mention the car is suitable for E10 fuel.

But would using E10 or normal Unleaded harm the engine in the long term.
    One of my friends suggested use only Vpower so that the engine is not harmed.

Which fuel would you guys suggest...
    E10
    Normal Unleaded
    Premium Unleaded or
    Shell V power.

Also, which Co...
    Shell
    Woolies Caltex
    BP

Would be helpful if you could give me some suggestions..

Also,
    I've clocked around 650ks on my new car. and the trip meter doesn't seem to reduce below 14Ltrs to 100kms. (though its been only 650 ks..)
    Anyone with V6 Accord Lux.. could you advice your mileage.... did it show similar trend at the start....

Thanks guys,
    Would be great if you I could get some suggestions here....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord V6 Luxury
    Stats say 91 is accepted so the only benefit you'll get out of higher RON is some efficiency really.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I would try 2 tanks of each petrol and calculate your fuel consumption over the tank for a typical working week. Then decide which one you found was smoother and gave you better fuel consumption.

Personally, my car takes 95 RON but i use Caltex Vortex98 because there is one near work but I will also use Shell Vpower and Mobil 8000 when there is a petrol station at a good price and I need fuel.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 Accord V6 Luxury
    I have 09 Accord V6 Luxury and have been using E10. I'm now on 1400k and the trip computer shows 12L/100k consumption.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CL9
    anyone thinking to convert the honda V6 to use LPG? Can it work?
    Accord Basic

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Accord Basic View Post
    Why? If you can afford the V6 model, why convert it to LPG and ruin the nice engine?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CL9
    I am driving EURO 03' just thinking is it possible to do or not. yes, the V6 is very nice engine
    Accord Basic

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Accord v6/99 Honda ek1
    doing about 10.5ish with 91 unleaded. but then mainly drive on a straight road to work

What for? If you are talking about the 09 V6 it's got cylinder deactivation to save fuel anyway.

We just use regular 91 (not E10!) on our 04 V6 Lux. Runs sweet. Have tried 95 and 98 and got some improved mileage however power felt the same.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Honda Accord
    I'd recommend 95. I've used both Caltex 98 and 95 a few runs on my 09 Accord and 95 was the best. Shell Vpower fuels seem to be crapper from experience and the BP ultimate stuff has come in good and bad batches. Stay away from BP 91 as this stuff comes with ethanol. Really avoid the ethanol. Not recommended for the car unless its a Thai model.

When using 95, car runs the same but got a fair few km's out of it. When running 98, the car seemed a little harsher and absolutely gulped the stuff. You should find 91 or 95 will run the best. The car will run best on what it's designed for so you wont see performance gains running 98.

Try and get your fuel early in the week as this is when the new stuff rolls in from the trucks. Minute difference, but should save you a few bucks on Tuesday's. Try to run a few tanks of each and see how you go.
    Last edited by Shpox; 27-05-2009 at 01:08 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    327i
    I am driving EURO 03' just thinking is it possible to do or not. yes, the V6 is very nice engine

lol why? just buy the 2.4L one

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Shpox View Post
    I'd recommend 95. I've used both Caltex 98 and 95 a few runs on my 09 Accord and 95 was the best. Shell Vpower fuels seem to be crapper from experience and the BP ultimate stuff has come in good and bad batches. Stay away from BP 91 as this stuff comes with ethanol. Really avoid the ethanol. Not recommended for the car unless its a Thai model.
    AUDM Honda Accords from 2004 onwards can use E10. Doesn't matter if it is from Thailand or Japan.