Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Gc subaru

Talking wheel alighnment done for eg please translate(pix inside)

Hey guys just got my wheel alighnment for my eg..its on munro shocks and king lows,205 40 r17

anwyays they guy said my camber was bad and i needed new front camber kit $690 plus $200 labour and that will fix it i told him to gtfo ill just buy new tires every 6months and itll end up cheaper

abit of a noob here and dont know how to read the measurments so anyhelp will be greatly appriciated

sorry about the small pic stupid scanner
    Quote oh dear ****ing lawd. my d*ck did more than move. it jumped out of my pants, and tore the fly open....

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8
    Quote Originally Posted by 4age8u View Post
    Hey guys just got my wheel alighnment for my eg..its on munro shocks and king lows,205 40 r17

well there is your problem right there..
    your running 17"s on an EG and when you changed from factory 14" to 17"s your didn't change your camber kit. thats why ppl have problems when they go from a 14" to a 17"
    17" are massive.. I think it looks so much better when ppl run a 15" and 1' to 2' inch drop.. Now that a clean EG, none of these massive wheels shit..
    but thats just my opinion......

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 + EG
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy_B View Post
    well there is your problem right there..
    your running 17"s on an EG and when you changed from factory 14" to 17"s your didn't change your camber kit. thats why ppl have problems when they go from a 14" to a 17"
    17" are massive.. I think it looks so much better when ppl run a 15" and 1' to 2' inch drop.. Now that a clean EG, none of these massive wheels shit..
    but thats just my opinion......
    Looks hardly have anything to do with it.
    Noone gives a shit about what you like tbh.

The ****ed up camber is because your stock camber arms arnt adjustable and as the car gets lowered it naturally makes camber.

There is ghetto ways to fix this with washers as spacers, look into it if you're interested be tbh i'm not going to be responsible for your car.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8
    No but ppl who have 15" usually dont get camber problems. Oh and i did say thats my opinion..

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    If you buy new tyres every 6 months, then you're worse off after the first 12 months. Unless you don't plan to keep the car.

Get correct camber kits of a reputable brand off ebay and save $$$
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

No but ppl who have 15" usually dont get camber problems. Oh and i did say thats my opinion..
    While I tend to be on your side about the foolishness of huge wheels (and the rubber bands people stretch around them...), you're absolutely wrong about wheel size having any affect whatsoever on camber angles.

It is possible to adjust camber by 'slotting' the chassis mounting holes in the upper wishbone. You do need to know just how much slotting will be required, which can be determined by knowing the distance between the centres of the balls of the upper and lower ball joints.

Using this method I've corrected unequal camber on my CB7 (previous owner's accident damage I think), and it's worked very well. If you can measure the distance between the upper and lower ball joints (ball centre to ball centre as best as you can estimate the centre locations) and post them, I can do a drawing to figure out how much slotting will be required to make a 0.93° change (as you need).

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    too much toe out on the front,
    too much negative camber on the front.
    rear is still not bad but really bad offset from each side for camber and toe.

need camber kit or you will be going through rubbers like no 2moro.
    As stated by others, for an EG i would max go a 16" and get a decent dump on it.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapdaz View Post
    too much toe out on the front,
    too much negative camber on the front.
    rear is still not bad but really bad offset from each side for camber and toe.
    You're reading the initial measurement. The final measurement column on the right shows his toe has been corrected but camber can't be adjusted and is still unequal and out of spec.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    I am usually not an advocate of camber adjustment with limited amounts of lowering but that camber is too uneven. Has the car been crashed before? You should be able to get camber adjustment parts and install them yourself for less than what that shop quoted you. Then take it to a decent alignment workshop that will do whatever settings you desire. If you are concerned about tyre wear run close to zero toe.

Suspension geometry doesn't care about your ill informed opinion. Wheel size has no effect on camber.

damn, camber is so uneven...u got more negative camber on the right side....toe looks alright now....best to get camber kit no matter wat size rim u have or will change to in the future
    VTEC = Say My Name!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Gc subaru
    so camber kit is the way to go? what if i leave it like this? will it eat my tires like crap?
    Quote oh dear ****ing lawd. my d*ck did more than move. it jumped out of my pants, and tore the fly open....