Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to tell apart the different models???

Is there a physical way to look at a Jazz and know if it's GLi, VTi or VTi-S???

I can tell a VTi-S ez... Cause of the body kit and wheels...

But is there a way to defrenciate the difference between a GLi and VTi????

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    before the facelift, the GLi's headlight garnish is black while VTi & VTiS are chrome. also the "dot" on the letter "j" of the Jazz badge is red on the 1.3 and blue on the 1.5.

that's pretty much the difference from the outside. maybe the wheel cover is different too but i'm not sure.

not sure about post facelift tho, i couldn't be bothered to find out.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport
    wheel covers are the same.

the other way you can tell is by looking at the interior. The VTI has a dark shade sporty style cloth and also the 7 speed auto paddles if its an auto.

Don't know about the new model but in the previous model, the GLI was not available in Vivid blue so if you saw one, it was a VTi or VTiS

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    One other way is to look at the tail lights....

On the GLi, the plastic part over the indicator and reverse light is clear whereas on the VTi/VTi-S it is pink....

So the 3 external ways are:

1. Headlights
    2. Dot in the "Jazz" badge (blue for 1.5, red for 1.3)
    3. Tail lights.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05YM Integra Type S
    And 1 final way...

The GLi has a hi-gloss chrome-type "Jazz" badge on the tail.

The VTi and VTi-S have a satin chrome-type finish instead.

I found another way...

GLi and VTi have a key hold for the boot... VTi-S doesn't and has the hidden leaver to press

my 1.3 has a key hole and also has the hidden leaver as well~~maybe its different for the australian jazz..

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    lol
    my Vti got no key hole at the back man
    I think newer jazz Vti and vtis also dun have key hole anymore since it look bad

I dunno then hahaha

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Yeah the 2004 models don't have the key hole on the tail gate and the passenger door...

pharley - first up welcome! All the Jazz badges I've seen have an identical finish? I have a 1.3 (red dot) Fit badge and it's the same finish (chrome) as my old blue dot Jazz badge.

There's a GLi where I live so I'll have to check it out tonight.

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    Jus, just watch but dun let the alarm go off
    lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05YM Integra Type S
    Yeah. There are a number of subtle differences between the 03YM and 04YM Aus-spec Jazz.

Just small things... like the key-holes in the passenger door and hatch that exist only in the 03YM (already mentioned by another member).

Also, the power mirror switch is illuminated in 04YM, but not on 03YM. The LCD on the audio unit is also slightly different. On 03YM, the volume is represented by a series of bars, but on 04YM volume has a numeric value. And a couple of other tiny differences in the display.

03YM Jazz (with remote locking) got a separate key and fob, whilst 04YM got an integrated key with buttons.

On most 03YM, the "H" emblem on the steering wheel is a matte finish. Honda changed this in the later half of 2003, so a small number of 03YM will have hi-gloss. However, on all 04YM, the "H" is a hi-gloss.

Even the metallic finish on the audio knobs and handbrake button are slightly different hues.

Heaps of other small changes around the cabin and under the skin, but nothing that affects performance, handling, or quality.