Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 2003 Gli

Civic '03 Vs VL Commodore

Was driving along Princess Hwy (Dandenong Road, Melbourne) Friday night and was pretty quiet for a while and I happened to get a red light so I look over to see who's around and I see this VL Commodore & a Lancer (which turned out to be a turbo and absolutely raped me!!!).

Light goes green and I do a massive chirpy but take off pretty slow - just to see if anyones interested in a drag, and the VL changes lanes so it's directly to the left of me. Just by chance we get the next red light So I stall it up just as the light is about to go green, take off, pull away from the VL by about 1.5 car lengths, we're already doing 120km/h and he wants to keep going, by then I've beaten him so I figure theres no point going any faster and so I slow down. We happen to both catch the next red light also, where the exact same thing happens...you would think he'd give up after the first time being beaten by someone with almost half the engine size of him???

Well thats my kill story, its not the first time i'm beaten a VL either, and last nyte I kept up with a VN Commodore, and have also beaten a VS Commodore (don't think his car was in very good condition tho!).

Its a pity I don't get many drags with other Honda's, however last week I had a guy in a EK egging me on, so I went ahead and raped him I think he was quite annoyed that a chick beat him

Anyone know good roads to get drags with 4cylinder cars in Melbourne?

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    Yeah I find the del sol can eat NA VL's for breakfast

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 2003 Gli
    What engine you got in your del sol?

And what exactly is a del sol if you dont mind me asking...got any pics?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic VTi
    del sol are the 2 door convertibles i think they came out both in D16's and B16 series motor's, u've probably heard of them as CRX's. which motor are u running in ur civic, sounds like it goes alright ?

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    You can drag me for practice seriously though,I usually try springvale rd,p'hwy or warrigal.

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    The Australian del sol only came with a B16A2, other contries got the D motor.

Moderator - here to help Array
    tell us more about the turbo lancer!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 2003 Gli
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T
    You can drag me for practice seriously though,I usually try springvale rd,p'hwy or warrigal.
    Yeah, your car is really a turbo? I'd be interested in having a look at it if your up for it? (Not to drag you, just to check out your car!) What you doing tonight?

And my car is totally stock, K17A or whatever, 1.7L, no mods at all haha! It is manual though.

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    Quote Originally Posted by N4CER
    Yeah, your car is really a turbo? I'd be interested in having a look at it if your up for it? (Not to drag you, just to check out your car!) What you doing tonight?

And my car is totally stock, K17A or whatever, 1.7L, no mods at all haha! It is manual though.

hmm i think u got d17 chicky, bout 100kw stock, not bad go for the traffic light rapage lol
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    dont even bother with those cars...heh
    arrowz
    SiR

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 2003 Gli
    Quote Originally Posted by JINRAI
    dont even bother with those cars...heh
    Which cars do you mean? Commodores?

My engine isn't VTEC either. I even asked if they could put the Vti hatch engine into my car from factory and they said no :'(

But I've been told that it's easier to turbo the non-VTEC SOHC engine, so when I get some money

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    what does your car look like? so i know not to line-up with you when im on princess..heh
    arrowz
    SiR