Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weird sound

weird sound

hey ive got a civic vtir hatch and every time i go over a roundabout with a pot hole in it (while turning) the front of the car makes like a clicking sound... sounds like metal hitting metal, ive been told might be the bushels or something.. anyone had this problem or got any ideaS?

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    lowered ? Rims ? aftermarket suspension ?

or is this a complete stock civic ?
    but you're probably wasting time here, bring it to a mech/tech they'll be able to diagnose it much better
    Why hello there

complete stock.. yea im going to take it soon, just wanted to see if anyone else has had it. gota take the mech for a drive to hear it thats the only annoying thing have to find a place where it makes the sound.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Ferio 99
    If is under cornering then its your drive shaft, the boot could have cracked opened and all the grease came out.

Replace the drive shaft boot and grease or get a new drive shaft if its damaged.
    Good idea to go to a mechanic so they can see for themselves. You can only explain things so much through writing, heh.

yea im going to take it to hannys next week. thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    sounds like the driveshaft.
    Is there grease all throughout your front wheels?

Could be bushings/balljoints/wheel bearings aswell, but more likely the CV's by the sound of it.

A mech. should be able to diagnose this issue right away.

nah no grease at all

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 mother****er
    iirc, clicking while turning is usually cv's, but at any rate, get it checked out

Maybe got to do with your front shocks mi e use to do that when I reversed while turning as well

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    Clicking sounds like CV joint, but with the bump it could be elsewhere as stated above like a loose ball joint or bolt somewhere

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic 2000 GLI
    hey, i had a similar problem with my civic, where it'd click when i'd turn right, and click even more if i accelerate more while turning.
    it ended up being the sway bar

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EK4
    bro.. Its Ur lower arm or ur rods ... not a big problem... cheers