Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5

DC5 Manual conversion - HELP

Hi guys,

I have DC5, semi auto. I want to convert to manual. I DO NOT WANT TO SELL IT. I just want to simply get some advice/ suggestions on doing so. If anyone has done this please let me know. I am willing to spend on it but i cant make it any clearer, I DO NOT WANT TO SELL AND BUY A MANUAL. My car is in perfect condition and plan on keeping it...

cheers

Banned Array
    At Your Local Shopping center picking up 15 year olds!
    Car:
    DC5-S
    Go to a wrecker, Buy a gearbox with all shift linkages and shifter console & pedal box, take it to a mechanic & return 2 weeks later and pay him $5000 and BAM!!!! you got yourself a manual DC5!

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Quote Originally Posted by Type S Tony View Post
    Go to a wrecker, Buy a gearbox with all shift linkages and shifter console & pedal box, take it to a mechanic & return 2 weeks later and pay him $5000 and BAM!!!! you got yourself a manual DC5!
    You'd also have to look into getting a manual ECU.

Basically, if you want to do it, it won't be cheap, or easy... and ultimately it would be cheaper and easier to buy a manual DC5R.

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by lcam View Post
    Hi guys,

I have DC5, semi auto. I want to convert to manual. I DO NOT WANT TO SELL IT. I just want to simply get some advice/ suggestions on doing so. If anyone has done this please let me know. I am willing to spend on it but i cant make it any clearer, I DO NOT WANT TO SELL AND BUY A MANUAL. My car is in perfect condition and plan on keeping it...

cheers
    good on ya buddy!
    youll need quite a few things but generally its the gearbox shiftlinkage and ECU, im not familiar with the dc5's but its not as hard as people will make it out to be, just source your parts slowly, and find the right mechanic that you trust!

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Are you looking for a 6-speed or 5-speed?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    pushbike & pair of nikes
    I just don't see why you wouldn't want to sell it and upgrade to a Type R/S but I guess people can get attached to one car and it becomes their baby!

There's so many extras you get for the upgrade.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Unfortunately there is not pro in converting a base teg to manual, except maybe self satisfaction.

Budget 4-5ks for this, then you want more power and wished you had a Type R or S.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 DC2, 93 EG VTI
    if you do the job yourself you will half the price man

i know its no comparison but i had a holden vl calais which i converted myself and im tellin u if a mechanic had to do that job i would have been up for more than i paid for the parts in labour

if you have the skills do it yourself but the pedal box can be a bit of a problem

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 NBP DC5S
    I'm guessing it's to the 5speed. It's a base DC5.
    Fighting online is like winning the special olympics. In the end, you're still a retard.

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    just keep it as is, once you want to sell, sell it and get a type S/R

Banned Array
    At Your Local Shopping center picking up 15 year olds!
    Car:
    DC5-S
    If you do this job yourself, Guarateed the car will be of the road for minimum 2 weeks! and at the end of it all youll be at a set of traffic lights, and low & behold an FN2R civic pulls up next to you & some greasy scum bag is driving it with his mrs next to him, and he gives you the look to go him! the lights go green and this FN2 pulls away from you, not only will you loose the stop & go but youll let this FN2 owner think his the bees knees and youll prob feel like crap cause you didnt have that extra grunt that the R & S has to put FN2 owners in their place, uno? show them were they belong, which should always be on the rear bumper of an Integra, Do u really wanna discrace DC5's everywere by not being able to pull away from an FN2?????? well do ya??????

Thats what I thought! give ur current ride to your Mrs and buy something thats actually worth spending money on!

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    in b4 ep3R owners come to the thread