Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ek

Big pod filter vs normal size pod

I recently took my mates S2000 k&n pod filter. It's fairly large in size. I was planning to put it on a SRI on the ek4. Would I feel any gains, more suction or instead lose power. Btw I dun have a air box to cover the filter so I'm already losing bit of power by sucking hot air.
    ...when the 'V-TAC' kicks in its all over....

All else being equal, more filtration area = less restriction to airflow. So, in theory the engine should be able to breathe slightly better and thus make more power with a larger filter, but there are other associated factors that might possibly see a reduction in power. You won't really know what happened without a back to back dyno comparison (and the 'butt dyno' is notoriously misleading..).

The stock filter is going to be pretty good, any gain from an aftermarket filter is going to be small at best, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if some aftermarket filters actually flowed worse than the stock item.

You want the engine to breathe cool air if at all possible. Off the top of my head I think the rule of thumb is a 1% power increase for every 10°c decrease in intake temp(?).