Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    mate go help starving kids, go feed the homeless, go entertain retired people, go give aid to third world countries if you really want to HELP
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Quote Originally Posted by johnprocter View Post
    mate go help starving kids, go feed the homeless, go entertain retired people, go give aid to third world countries if you really want to HELP
    Just trying to help improve the forum, not the world.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    Yeah but its so trivial... no one really suffers if some bloke sells a non-honda part.. yeah its the rules but will it really make a diff to anyone on this forum? Think about the time and effort your putting into this discussion and far its really going and for what ? lol. OH NOEZ DONT SELLZ THAT SUBARUUUPART HEREZZZ LULZ!!! *slits wrists* *palm faces self*
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

You think it's trivial, but I didn't make the rules.
    I'm trying to help clarify and enforce them, nothing more.
    As said before by another member, if the guy wanted to sell a toyota part, he could have gone to toyota forum, eBay, firesport, trading post etc.

In my opinion, there is also a bigger problem at hand. I've brought it up, and i'll wait for the mods or admin to reply.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    Quote Originally Posted by johnprocter View Post
    Yeah but its so trivial... no one really suffers if some bloke sells a non-honda part.. yeah its the rules but will it really make a diff to anyone on this forum? Think about the time and effort your putting into this discussion and far its really going and for what ? lol. OH NOEZ DONT SELLZ THAT SUBARUUUPART HEREZZZ LULZ!!! *slits wrists* *palm faces self*
    its started being trivia when traders didnt like what was been done in the for sale section
    so rules need to be sticked to now
    simple as that
    whats good for one is good for the other

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Quote Originally Posted by power_of_dreams View Post
    Whilst on the topic of improving the forum, how do you feel about businesses, who are not traders, coming to the site and making money from forumites?
    We have our suspects, but we cant prove every case to be commercial or private.
    Because its impossible for us to prove EVERY case accurately, we've simply set rules around blatant commercial quantities and enforcing the rule of direct ownership of items.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    its started being trivia when traders didnt like what was been done in the for sale section
    so rules need to be sticked to now
    simple as that
    whats good for one is good for the other
    Exactly, this is what I mean by one rule for one, another rule for another.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Slipping through the cracks = shitty moderating?
    I could've reported it and probably should've, but that's not my job.
    He already had reached a potential buyer(s) before I stumbled across it anyway, and that is my major qualm.

My thread was closed within 15 minutes, yet his thread went on for 4 days?
    No, slipping through the cracks doesn't mean shitty Moderating, on some forums it does, not on Ozhonda (IMO) but if the (other >9000 people whom saw the thread/post who you assume reported the post) report button fails to get the thread closed (usually) after the 24 hours there is something wrong in Ozhonda's For Sale section and Quentin and tRip needs to be called, URGENTLY too.

My question/suggestion for future referrence is [seeing as you've clearly noticed that a simpleton Toyota Gear Knob evaded those bastard Moderators, lol] Why not press that Little 'Report Post' button (which clearly next to no one did?) and type the Obvious message 'Selling Non Honda Item' or my fave 'Clearly a nubcake, please close nubcakes thread as they're too nub to read rules'.

Now if that isn't satisfying enough do what others may do (you know, after the second to third day of nubcakes thread being opened, STILL)

Click on the Appropriate Moderator (Q_ball or tRipitaka, or both if you see fit) and spend the next 10-30 seconds of your life (Ok, assuming you can type at 55wp/m), spend it wisely, Type up a Pm which is Blunt, copy and paste a link to that certain thread which may or may not contact a Toyota Gear Knob (which doesn't suit Honda thread pitch?) and be satisfied that when they come online (if they're already offline) they will get 2 messages (atleast) 1 being a Report and the other being YOUR PM.

Now my friend, now you must sit back, Return to the Spam Thread (located in the Lounge, Punchonz happen there Baby) and return to your Spammers Paradise.

What about getting more mods?
    Quote Originally Posted by Computer View Post
    No
    This site is not becoming an absolute shithole because people like me are complaining, it's becoming an absolute shithole because of a combination of people bending and/or breaking poorly defined rules and average moderating.
    So....What you're trying to say is that the MODERATORS of this Site are turning it into a Shithole?

What next, you're going to say my next two favourite words?

"Nazi" and "Moderators"

There are worse places, Worse Moderators and WORSE MEMBERS!

Q_ball, if I was genuinely selling a mazda knob would you have closed my thread?
    I lol'd a little inside, good Job.

I'm getting shot down for trying to help the forum, typical OzHonda style.
    Dude, You're not being shot down.

Its the way the help is constructed, you did the wrong thing, your posts are constructed like a whinging baby at Coles negotiating with his mother for that kinder supprise (Pedo Bear will see you soon sweet child)

You've brought that Knob up like what, 2, 3 times?

I personally think (As Zico brought up) IF a Member can post up a NON HONDA part and show/provide a way it can be used effectively on a Honda then it can stay (and common sense will say Rip and Q are more likely to leave it there if it has a purpose/proven to be usable; such as a Silvia Fuel Pump)

What the Moderators do on a Daily basis is SIMPLY Customer Service, You know.

Like a fucking call center.

Not the good kind of Inbound Call center either, the bitchy kind of Outbound with a Freezing cold list (not to forget your bitchy asshole Boss named Jack is breathing down your fucking neck for leads, yes LEADS!!)

You in a way have a valid point, but your construction is shithouse.

Thank you.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    I could've reported it and probably should've, but that's not my job.
    It sure is mate. That's the whole purpose of the report post function.

I'm not really kicking up a stink, since I actually don't have a Ferrari Tubi exhaust to sell.
    It was an experiment, to see what would happen more than anything.
    Don't waste our time with antics like this thanks. The mods already have enough on their plates let alone having to deal with 'experiments' like this. The last thing I want is people abusing the report post function.

Quote Originally Posted by Q_ball View Post
    Perhaps this is a good idea from a buyer/seller's persepctive but not from a moderating/logistical one.
    A lot of things can be made to fit another make/model given the right modifications and money is injected into the mod.
    This is a honda forum, so its only natural that only honda parts/vehicles are allowed to be sold here.
    This rule is a clear cut and simple rule to enforce and follow as it minimizes the number of 50/50 scenarios - if its not honda, its not on.
    I must admit I was for a bit considering allowing non-honda parts however Q makes a valid point. Hence it's easier to just allow Honda parts only.

Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    what u can do is post your non honda in the apperance section
    because it is allowed
    then u can can say i mite be selling this exhaust soon to get another
    seems to the norm these days on ozHONDA
    then just continue with the thread and post non honda parts up
    I'm taking this as a tongue-in-cheek comment however if this does happen please report the post.

In my opinion, there is also a bigger problem at hand. I've brought it up, and i'll wait for the mods or admin to reply.
    IMO I think it is a big problem for you and not the forum as a whole. As Q said, it was one thread that go past the mods. If however you had reported it something might have got done about it.

I don't believe there is anything further to discuss so please do not try and kick up a stink about nothing. If you can think of a valid reason why this thread should be opened, then PM me.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq