Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    99 ek1 h/b

Adjusting height on coilovers

Hey,

I have recently put in buddyclub n+ coilovers into my civic. I am having trouble loosening the perches so i am able to adjust the height of my car. I was able to loosen the perches on the rear coilover's on the back of the car as they weren't as tight. However the front ones are almost impossible to turn. Does anyone have any tip's/secrets to loosening such parts.

If anyone can help thank you,

James
    STEALTH

try spraying some wd40... i had the same problem with one of mine also at the front, it was a bitch to turn

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    find a piece of pipe that fits over the c spanner handle for extra leverage.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    you my friend are doing the wrong thing to adjust coilover height. you have to adjust from the very bottom. I have these coilovers. those two are for spring preload and should be left alone if done correctly the first time.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    oh I might be dropping my car again ._. so if I do i'll try n remember to take pics for ya. to adjust height you have to slightly loosen top bolt (not too sure if you have to but its on top of the top hat) but these are the steps afterwards that I used:

Undo the black perch get the C-spanner and then use it as leverage on one of the top two perches to turn the whole coilover to lower it so that it screws into that bottom part where the N+ logo is. then when ur satisfied lock the black perch again.
    Last edited by RtN; 15-04-2009 at 07:13 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    ^ if you can get pics on how to do it exactly on the n+ woiuld be great
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Quote Originally Posted by 02ZZI View Post
    Hey,

I have recently put in buddyclub n+ coilovers into my civic. I am having trouble loosening the perches so i am able to adjust the height of my car. I was able to loosen the perches on the rear coilover's on the back of the car as they weren't as tight. However the front ones are almost impossible to turn. Does anyone have any tip's/secrets to loosening such parts.

If anyone can help thank you,

James
    as said, undo the bottom perch.

no one can help you grow muscles.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 ek1 h/b
    Quote Originally Posted by RtN View Post
    oh I might be dropping my car again ._. so if I do i'll try n remember to take pics for ya. to adjust height you have to slightly loosen top bolt (not too sure if you have to but its on top of the top hat) but these are the steps afterwards that I used:

Undo the black perch get the C-spanner and then use it as leverage on one of the top two perches to turn the whole coilover to lower it so that it screws into that bottom part where the N+ logo is. then when ur satisfied lock the black perch again.
    do you mean this bolt on the top?

excuse teh dirtyness.

Ok now i am more confused. I can definately see how moving the 2 red perches only icnreases and decrease's the spring rate. However i dont understand how moving the black perch is going to effect height. I can only see if moving the top bolt some how effects the height.

Starting to get worried lagi
    STEALTH

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    You can use the top two perches when you want to go even lower after you reach the limit of the bottom mount.

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    Ok picture a bolt, and a hole.. you screw the bolt into the hole.. but there is nothing to keep the bolt from unscrewing further in or out of the hole.. this is where a nut + washer comes into play soo that it will lock the bolt in position.. same concept as the black perch...

the black perch is merely there to "lock" the position of the height changed.....theorectically you could leave the black perch untightened ,, but you run the risk of the coil over adjusting height on its own, cause its not secured down by the black perch.. yeh?

correct me if im wrong.. i just typed that up from pure logic
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

Member Array
    Car:
    99 ek1 h/b
    If someone could give me just a quick run down from start to finish of how they would adjust the height that would be great.

I have tried adjusting the 2 red perches lower and this has indeed lowered the vehicle but has obviously made it much softer as the spring rate has decreased and this isnt right is it?
    STEALTH

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    im not sure abt cb7s first line what is saying but i think its right but nothing to do with this... why i told u to loosen the bolt (only slightly) is so that the coilover body can move. but cb7 u are correct for sure on the 2nd one. the black perch is only for locking it in position... so o2zzi what you do is just undo the black perch THEN you get the c spanner and use it to rotate the WHOLE coilover (except the very bottom where n+ is located). So you should see the GOLDEN thread screw into the bottom part so the coilover itself is shorter.
    Last edited by RtN; 15-04-2009 at 09:46 PM.