Thread: Debadging

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    D: Mazda

Debadging

I want to take the honda badges off my dc2r, just want to know if the badges are bolted on. And how I would be able to get into the back one, as I can't find any clips or screws to take off the covering on the top of the boot.

With the front one do I just undo the bolts under the hood to get the front bumper off?

if I remember right, they are not bolted on. They're double side taped on with 2 pins that go into the hood and boot. Just heat it up slightly with a blow dryer and get a fishing wire and pull it around until the double side tape is ripped off. Then just clean off the sticky bits left behind. the only thing is you will be left with 2 little holes.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    You can plug the holes with plugs they sell at supercheap OR I payed $200 to have the 2 holes on the boot fixed.Had to re-spray the boot.Much easier and wiser to take it somewhere and pay the $200 to do it all.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Gsi
    there are no clips holding them in just use fishing line and run it around the badge and then just clean it the spot with clay bar and polish?

QUOTE: AE092
    lol 17 - and wants the fastest car. Tell the tree or pole i said hi

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    D: Mazda
    Oh cool cool. Thanks guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Ah,sweet.Obviously different on my EK1 than a dc2r.

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    If you plan on debadging the boot, you'll have to get it welded and resprayed.
    If you try to bog it or fill it the holes will eventually show themselves again.