Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9

Question 1981 Prelude - How much?

Hi guys,

I know I'm not supposed to post this here because of the rules but I really have no idea where to get this information and I don't think it can be found on a website so easily. I know that redbook gives great advice but I'm after a price on an original/concourse prelude which isn't taken into account on websites, as they give you a price for an estimated condition. So please forgive me for asking.

An old lady friend of mine wants to sell her 1981 Honda Prelude. It's a burgundy-like colour. The body is perfect, no scratches at all, no dents at all, no rust whatsoever and no sun damage. Has been garaged since 1985. Probably has about 90, 000KMs on the motor/chassis. It's simply pristine and beautiful.

I'm not sure exactly what they're worth these days. I've seen restored ones for sale for about $6000, but this one is completely original. The car is not for sale to public and has been reserved for sale exclusively to myself at this stage because the car holds great sentimental value to my friend.

Can anybody (enthusiasts hopefully) please help me decide a rough price for my friend so that I know how much to pay her?

Many thanks,
    Andy.
    Last edited by dougie_504; 16-04-2009 at 06:55 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    90 BA3 Prelude
    PM me with ur mates mobile... I wanna buy...

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Hi guys,

I know I'm not supposed to post this here because of the rules but I really have no idea where to get this information and I don't think it can be found on a website so easily. I know that redbook gives great advice but I'm after a price on an original/concourse prelude which isn't taken into account on websites, as they give you a price for an estimated condition. So please forgive me for asking.

An old lady friend of mine wants to sell her 1981 Honda Prelude. It's a burgundy-like colour. The body is perfect, no scratches at all, no dents at all, no rust whatsoever and no sun damage. Has been garaged since 1985. Probably has about 90, 000KMs on the motor/chassis. It's simply pristine and beautiful.

I'm not sure exactly what they're worth these days. I've seen restored ones for sale for about $6000, but this one is completely original. The car is not for sale to public and has been reserved for sale exclusively to myself at this stage because the car holds great sentimental value to my friend.

Can anybody (enthusiasts hopefully) please help me decide a rough price for my friend so that I know how much to pay her?

Many thanks,
    Andy.
    then dont post it...the rules exist for a reason.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    Prob. about 1500 - 2grand I'd say. Their not worth much as its rather old, but considering you say its got 90,000 original km's and perfect paint and body work, 1500 - 2grand would settle the score

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Sorry, these rules are in place for a reason.
    I'll close it rather than delete it so that if some kind soul comes along with the right answer, they can PM you with more info.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."