Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    93 EG Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Phased View Post
    Supercharged K24
    It appears the budget just went from 15,000 to about 30,000..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BB6 ATTS
    Quote Originally Posted by aramiK View Post
    It appears the budget just went from 15,000 to about 30,000..
    Ok, we will come to a compromise...

Supercharged H22! XD
    AMSOIL 10w30/Ea013 @ 5k OCI's, AMSOIL MTF Synchromesh, RE002's @ F 40/R 38 PSI; 9.23L/100kms. Suburban(Minimal Freeway).

Self Tuned (Road). Dyno soon.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    nah i would go k24a na with mods. Reliable quick and alot of torque to play with but yeh if its only a h22a or b18 you want then go h22a turbo or super charged.
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!

I've always wondered this, what's gonna happen when you chuck a engine in that's worth more than the car and you have an accident?

Do insurance companies cover the cost of the engine? I'd hate to see 15K go down the drain.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    I'm pretty sure if you pay more to insure it,you can but it can be pricy but insurance is that,insurance.

Do any insurance companies insure a daily car on the track?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Well if you have a K24A in your car without engineers cert and telling your insurance company then im sure it wont be insured as its not legal.

Also, you could have an agreed value on your car. Insurance price will be through the roof but you could keep it insured...

Another thing to think of... In an accident, how often do you damage the engine??
    If you insured the cost of the shell you could get another one and throw the running gear in.

Regarding insurance on the track. I dont think your normal insurance would cover that. I'm not sure if you can get insurance on the track???... You are in control and at risk and you have put yourself in that risky situation. I think if your too worried about damaging your car then maybe a track isnt for you. Theres always the chance of an accident.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Thanks Paul,I'm not worried at all about damaging my car on the track,I let go of that.Live on the edge! Tracking my car is my dream.

That's agreat point about insurance,in the event of an accident and damaging the engine,we can fix em' up as cheap as possible anyways,unless it's major...you could always swap in a cheap as d-series if ya broke

Fixing the body can get expensive real quick.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    ...Why dont u build a monster k series then with ongoing working money u can eventually put it in? k24 is nice but then its no high comp and not a real vtec, if u go the k20 then u have the proper vtec head high comp engine etc and eventually u can build a high comp k24 with k20 head and buy some QTB's and ecu and be a monster streeter using less fuel than a turbo and prob more reliable, i think u can use all oem parts apart from some h beams
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 DC2, 93 EG VTI
    supercharged EP3 K20 LOL... no traction anyone?

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    ITB's are loud in Vtec,I personnally wouldn't sport em' on the street,but there's lots of police where I live.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Thanks Paul,I'm not worried at all about damaging my car on the track,I let go of that.Live on the edge! Tracking my car is my dream.

That's agreat point about insurance,in the event of an accident and damaging the engine,we can fix em' up as cheap as possible anyways,unless it's major...you could always swap in a cheap as d-series if ya broke

Fixing the body can get expensive real quick.
    I meant the engione would be easy enough to pull out of a written off/damaged chassis and thrown back into another. Still alot of money possibly lost as EG shells go from between 3 - 8k approx depending what model etc...

Throwing a D back in would be a hassle mainly because you remove the old engine mounting bracket for the K-series. You could try and keep this bracket in form when removing it and then weld it back in place if you ever throw a D in but that would be quiet a hassle....

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Yes,that's a good option too!!