Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    vtec spoola
    with the experience i have had with boost and my mates b20 both with similar setup power,weight,tires, suspension

boost has alot more top end by the time you have reached 100 clicks you still have another 120 clicks to go with ease ( boost )

n/a i would more likely use in the track department, mainly it does get rid of lag

in my opinion i.d boost a b/series, alot cheaper. Or even better boost the k i know it can happen with the budget you have
    "If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning.”

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    I would boost the B series.

get a CBR1000 with minior mod, will get 10s and around 300kmh for the same amount of money..

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro boat
    Put the K series in it and set it up for track racing ...

you won't look back
    Hipower Racing EG - 60.82 !!! QR Sprint course
    My EG4 + JDM B18C powered Civic SOLD !

Member Array
    Car:
    95 DC2, 93 EG VTI
    track racing: N/A K SERIES
    drag racing: Boosted B18CR or Boosted K20/24

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    but what about on a day to day basis will be used everyday .
    with turbo motor wouldnt last as long as k series and for the same budget what would be the 1/4 mile time difference if both had same setup up full trim and semi's i no k's can run mid to high 12's ive seen i lot of eg with turbo b's only run low to mid 13's i no depends on setup but for my budget it's not going to be fully built and on the street eg with a k is still gunna beat a lot of things of the line
    Like my POST? why not add it with a +REP point!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    i drive my dc2r, b18c7 + boost daily...............standard engine on 7.5psi makes a health and very very reliable 239kw at the wheels.......................and has so far ran a 12.88 at 113mph in street trim

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Go Jay!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    MY06 Lux 6MT
    that doesn't sound right, we see k20 making 150 something kw and do similar times on street trim...

also see way too many turbo vtec blow up and having nagging issues...the percentage compared to NA is just astounding...and most of these I saw only street drive, never see drag/circuit...

so if u want reliable and usable power stick to na k20..

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    I got b16a2 in my eg fully built to run 25psi...i've only taken it to 7psi so far and rebuilding it atm (new rings and bearings) but i will only ever take it to 20psi as its not that safe to go past that. This is my third rebuild in 3 or so years since ive gone turbo and trust me i would be more than happy to run a K Series in my EG over my Boosted b16a2 anyday. With boost there is soo many different driving setups, sized turbo's with earlier spool less power and later spool more power etc. Its hard to get the right power curve you like. With a k series, its just all motor. Power will always be similar from the getgo to redline and it will always be there when you wanna play with it. With boost its much different.

There is much more potential power in a boosted b series but if you did quite a few NA modds to a K24 in an eg your bound to hit mid 12's. and to me all motor 12's sounds much better than a boosted b series.

K24 will last 200,000kms+
    Boosted B can last from 5,000 - 100,000kms depending on your build setup, your turbo setup, your tune, your fuel. So many variables.
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    i think k20/k24 for now then you can always boost the K later
    YB0057 DC2R K20a 12.32 @ 108mph
    1.79 60ft

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by YBOOST View Post
    i think k20/k24 for now then you can always boost the K later
    I second that.
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!