Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

[CL9] 2008 Modulo lip kit on 2006 lux with the facelift front bar

Hi, I'd made up my mind that now i wanted to add the modulo lip kits onto my 2006 lux[with facelift front]. I'm just curious of how many difference modulo kits there have? The reason being is that i'd went to honda to have a look @ the lip under spoiler set, they checked from my VIN, they come up that my car is classify in the first gen.

I'd my friend euro[2008] parked next to my car like front to front for comparing. I cant identify any difference as in shape or body style.

Here is what i dont understand of how the dealer said if i get the lip under spoiler [i assume that's what we called modulo lip kit in AUD], IT WONT FIT, as i've difference body to the 2008 [eventhrough i didnt see any difference in between mine to 2008 model]

My question here are:

1.As far as i'd been told by salesman @ honda, he said, each year, the lip kits come in slightly difference styles. So how many difference lip kits do we have here? [suppose to be 3 generation, but seem like he said it's different every year]

2.If i get the 2008 lip kit[same as .QD & xsite85], will it fit in my car or do i need any modification?

Can anyone please suggest me how much do i expect to pay for?

THankz for all urs help , cheers....
    JUST A NOOB WHO LIKED TO LEARNT

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Limited Edition
    from what i understand the 2006+ are the facelift models and there's only 1 type of modulo kit for them?

Quote Originally Posted by iLlusion10 View Post
    from what i understand the 2006+ are the facelift models and there's only 1 type of modulo kit for them?
    That what I thought too but when I went in about 3-4 dealers, they checks my VIN, they came up with the lip kit which I'm sure it's for first gen.

I asked for modulo lip kit, they all don't know about it. So yes, I'm so lost after they said there is only one kit which suit 2003-2006, but from my understanding 2003-2005 r first gen while 2006-2008 r second gen

Can anyone here help correct this?

simple fix.
    post a pic of your car and we can tell you what year it is and whether the modulo will fit

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Limited Edition
    you might have old stock like a MY05 version that you bought in 2006, but yea post up a pic, it's pretty easy to distinguish between pre-facelift and facelift versions

will do tonite after get home guy

Http://s643.photobucket.com/albums/u...rent=photo.jpg

Here are the pic of my car guys, pls help clarify, thanks

100% that is an 06+ model
    100% this modulo kit will fit:

ignore what the dealership is saying, take the picture in and say this is what I want.
    if they went off vin, they probably found it was a late 05 model and then classified it as a pre-facelift.
    late 05 models are technically classified as 06 models.

seeing as they are a dealership, and they can't tell the diff between the two, they must be struggling..
    Last edited by power_of_dreams; 17-04-2009 at 09:38 PM.

Yes, like I told them too, but they said the accessories r same between 2003-2006, they said the modulo won't fit mine as it's for 2008. I actually have pic of the kit, they were sending me on email too. I'll post it's shortly

there is no difference between 06 and 08.
    the modulo can fit both.

[QUOTE=oat.iphone;2226584]Http://s643.photobucket.com/albums/u...nt=photo-2.jpg

That are the pic from email, Honda said those are the one for mine. I definately sure it's for 2003-2005 but not for mine.

Someone here help, 3 dealers said n mail me same kit!!!

that kit from the email is for the 03-05.

if the pic you posted of your "car" is actually your car, then the modulo kit will fit. no need to worry
    I find it hard to beleive 3 dealerships can't tell the difference between the facelift and non-facelift.

Or perhaps there is a deeper issue?