Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Member Array
    Car:
    STi
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    with those mods, what you'll get out of your car for that 5k is a waste of money imo.

spend 5k on something else, a holiday maybe, then you'll be getting your moneys worth.
    best bit of advice in this thread.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    Ok, i'm the guy in Brisbane who had a 2002 auto dc5 and spent more than $5k on it to only realise it's not even close to a TypeR!! I sold it and bought a TypeS and did the usual mods.

I had Injen CAI, Australian TypeR header & cat, Fujitsubo Powergetter catback and an Apexi VAFC-II. Suspension I had Mugen sport suspension (non-adjustable), spoon strut bars front and rear, rear tie bar, 26.5mm front sway bar (off a stock TypeS), 24mm Whiteline rear sway bar and some Toyo T1R on stock 16" rims.

Handling wise it felt great, but once you've done all these you still want more. I could hold around corners pretty well against stock and modded TypeR/S, but when it came to exiting the corners the auto gearbox just didn't have any guts!! and it's just not enough power. Also not having a manual gearbox you cannot enter the corner as balanced as you would in a TypeR/S where you can use the clutch. I had to drive like a mad man in my auto DC5 just to keep up with TypeR/S and they're not even going hard. On some occasions you may be able to beat a TypeR/S around some tight twisties, but I can tell you that you have to not value your life as much as the other TypeR/S driver to be able to pull away from them.

If I were to do it again, I would have just kept my money and waited to buy a better car to start off with then mod it.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.teg View Post
    My sisters boyfriend had a DC5 Lux with a 2.25inch catback with a mugen twinloop muffler, ebay SRI with K&N filter and a hondata s100 piggyback and he way ripping dc5rs to shreds... the only difference between yours and his is that his was a manual.
    you can tune the k20a3 on the Hondata s100???
    Last edited by Tofu; 23-04-2009 at 11:27 PM.

^^^^

LOL

someones full of shit

Member Array
    Car:
    nuggetR
    hey guys he said he wants a bit more power and hes not that into racing..
    he never said he wanted 2 be as fast as a type r/s

howeever i do think the people are right..
    save ur money and do the mods on a better car as it will be a bit of a waste of money

keep it for a few years.. make it look nice drop it n some wheels. maybe an exhaust for a bit of sound.. ?
    =]

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 luxury
    Reading this thread, I feel the same way about my 03 dc5 lux...except mine's a 5 speed, lol

I've only had the car for 5 months but wished I held out a bit longer and got a type r or s instead. Atm my engine is stock as I rather not waste any money on it (although tempted to) and have only spent money on exterior mods and coilovers.

For those who went from base-->Type R/S was the swap worth the cost/hassle? I mean its almost the same car just a better engine with real vtec and a 6spd + a few other extras. Wouldn't going to a totally different car like an s2k or evo be more worth the hassle of changing cars?
    I guess going from auto to a 6spd manual would be a bigger jump than a 5spd to 6spd.

Been thinking of changing cars in a year or so for something decent to mod and was just wondering what my options were.
    Last edited by eski.; 25-04-2009 at 09:37 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    eski, if you can try out someone's TypeR or TypeS for yourself and see how you like it may be the best thing to do first. I see that you're in Melbourne, and there's plenty of nice guys with DC5R and DC5S in Melb that you could talk to.