Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[DIY] JDM SIR-G headlights to JDM 96 spec black housing headlight

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Geniune ITR 98 spec

My SIR-G headlight

I bought Integra SIR-G nose for my mate to do a JDM ITR conversion, only thing different about headlights is the housing, SIR-G is chrome and ITR 96 spec is black

AIM: Create a copy of JDM ITR 96 spec headlight

TOOLS:

STEPS

Remove the silver clips from the head lights, there is 4 of them

Now starting from the corner of the headlight, start heating it using the heat gun and work your way down

Tape up the area that don’t need painting

Now spray the black paint, after finish painting, remove tape asap, longer you leave it harder for it to come off

Assemble everything back together, head gun around the glue (front plastic cover and headlight housing), push it both together as close as you can, then I use a clamp to clam up the area that needs to be pushed in closer. Head gun the area that is clamp, leave for a few seconds then take it off

Before

After

Picture of the lights on the car

Don't know why the pics go up side down when i uploaded it, this is my first DIY thread so if you guys think its worth a rep point, feel free to rep me
    Last edited by VTec1987; 14-06-2009 at 08:23 PM.

very nice, can i just say that if u have an oven, this will accelerate the process by up to 2 hours.

also best to have used high temp paint, as i've heard the standard stuff will fade over time. haerd, but not seen.

looks good nonetheless

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    well done. good stuff
    im glad you didnt put the sx lip AND that one on or itd be like yo dawg i herd you liek lips, so i put a lip on yo lip so you can lip while you lip

i didnt want to risk melting the headlights, it then will cost me heaps to get another, rather be safe then sorry

Quote Originally Posted by VTec1987 View Post
    i didnt want to risk melting the headlights, it then will cost me heaps to get another, rather be safe then sorry
    ah very true, considering they are quite rare. good reasoning indeed.

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    good diy mate rep point for you
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

pics on the diy jdm itr headlight on the car

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    7th Gen
    how long did it take to use the heat gun ?

not that long, 5 mintues max for each headlights
    If u apply heat at the right place then it shouldnt take too long

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Well Done!!

Looks Great!!

Member Array
    Car:
    MPS 3
    they turned out very nice indeed looks tops!! and nice diy thread

but i think you kinda killed the whole light where the seal is its all mauled! i think anyone that wants to do this use a oven its the best way takes a bit longer depending on how your headlights are but it will seal up like brand new dont leave the oven on! and you wont melt your headlights just heat it up then turn it off wrap your headlights in a bath towel and chuck them in just open them slowly and bit by bit.

paint it with high temp also when u re seal them do the same put them back in the oven so it gets heated up and the place them together rather using a metal clamp like that one use one of those long rubber ones then clamp the whole headlight and re do it till its tight so the edges will be perfect! me,viet and a couple other done it last time on our old cars which was a sportivo and a celica turned out great and also viet done it to his s2k atm

either way mate good work!