Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

K&N filter worth the money?

Considering a K&N filter for my Civic to replace the stock one...is it worth it? What kind of differences, if any, are there between a K&N and the stock one? Everything else in the engine is stock, as well as the exhaust.

Member Array
    Car:
    ホンダ
    U wont go wrong for that.....high end respond will be a little better. One OH trader in Brisbane willing to sale u this i think.
    地下インポート
    www.undergroundimports.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    was a honda
    yup, got myself a K&N replacement panel filter in the factory box in my civic coupe..................not really a noticeable difference (more a psychological difference...hehehehe). they say that it improves air flow and fuel efficiency but i haven't really put it to the test.........nevertheless i've got a K&N filter instead of the stock paper filter...........it should make some sort of difference! get one!

what engine do you have?

imo it's worth it just for the noise :P

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K AP1
    Hey,
    I got a K&N filter in mine, full cai system with K&N pod filter, it does make a noticiable difference, where u can actually here ur car suckin in all dat cold air, which is pretty sik plus there's a bit of increase in torque and maybe an extra kw or two..

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic_G
    Hey,
    I got a K&N filter in mine, full cai system with K&N pod filter, it does make a noticiable difference, where u can actually here ur car suckin in all dat cold air, which is pretty sik plus there's a bit of increase in torque and maybe an extra kw or two..
    OT: Using the word "sik" is so 90's Bankstown... get over it.

I'd like to see your dyno sheets showing that a CAI alone is increasing torque and "maybe an extra kilowatt or two". Until then, I call bullshit. Anyone can be a mag racer and believe the advertising.

Back on topic: A replacement panal will flow well - I'm running a custom made one that flows 7% better than the stock filter. The best thing about them is that they are re-usable and defect-free when the boys in blue want to check under your hood
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by Setanta
    OT: Using the word "sik" is so 90's Bankstown... get over it.

I'd like to see your dyno sheets showing that a CAI alone is increasing torque and "maybe an extra kilowatt or two". Until then, I call bullshit. Anyone can be a mag racer and believe the advertising.

Back on topic: A replacement panal will flow well - I'm running a custom made one that flows 7% better than the stock filter. The best thing about them is that they are re-usable and defect-free when the boys in blue want to check under your hood
    You toss.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

7% is pretty precise. Have you got proof?

i dunno if this falls under ur "mag racer" category.. but check it out

http://importtuner.com/tech/0102it_civicsi/

dunno how reliable the info is coz it could jus be advertising the products

Member Array
    Car:
    ED gl saloon
    This Is A Real Life Internet Bitch Fight On Here Ladies Lol :d

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bubblecivic
    7% is pretty precise. Have you got proof?
    3 years ago when I had it made I sat next to the guy as he ran the two filters on a flow bench. From there it was a simple matter of sitting down with a calculator to work out the difference. Other than that - nothing in writing. Notice I said it flowed better - not that it improved torque or power.

Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive
    You toss.
    Nice constructive comment - it must have taken you ages to think that one up.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    Quote Originally Posted by Setanta
    3 years ago when I had it made I sat next to the guy as he ran the two filters on a flow bench. From there it was a simple matter of sitting down with a calculator to work out the difference. Other than that - nothing in writing. Notice I said it flowed better - not that it improved torque or power.

Nice constructive comment - it must have taken you ages to think that one up.
    bahahah pete u funny 1.
    K&N filter it's pretty good value for the money.
    but i didnt use that stuff i used Spoon Pod filter with custom box and CAI.
    anywayz i heard from people the trust panel filter is more cheaper and affective than the K&N filters
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy