Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: advice on 600

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, GSXR600, CRF250R

advice on 600

hey guys , im going to buy another bike in the near future. i no i want a sportsbike probably in a the 600cc range. ive always had a thing for the r6 and ridden afew and im very impressed but i dont no much about the other types of 600's out there such as cbr rr , ninja , gsxr etc.... i want to buy something relatively new 05 + . so im after opinions and information on the differecnes between the bikes , im tryng to do as much reserch as i can before i buy.
    discuss.
    /Oo_\\ __H__//_oO\
    \()_______[DC5]()/

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    all i can say is, you can read whatevers written on paper but it will never give you the actual experience, test ride every single bike you have interest in, thats the best thing you can do

From what a friend was telling me.
    For general road use, in the 600's there's not any major differences.
    We won't be able to take the bikes to their full potential anyway, so it all comes down to a matter of looks, and general comfort when sitting on them.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, GSXR600, CRF250R
    Quote Originally Posted by lo0se3r View Post
    all i can say is, you can read whatevers written on paper but it will never give you the actual experience, test ride every single bike you have interest in, thats the best thing you can do
    yer your right mate , but dont think theyl throw the keys at an 18 year old to test ride.

gawdam - i was kinda thinking the same thing , how can they be THAT different and maybe go for the one i feel looks best but like i sed i thawt id so some reaserch before i buy
    /Oo_\\ __H__//_oO\
    \()_______[DC5]()/

Member Array
    Car:
    CBR600RR
    R6 is the most technologically advanced bike in its class.. simply the fastest bike out of the box. But people are raving about the new ABS system on the CBR600RR..

The CBR is more comfortable for day to day road use.. so it depends on your needs really,
    I much prefer the R6 since it provides the most similar feeling (feedback) to my RS125, not that easy to replicate on a 600cc bikes. I like the bike to have a bit of 'character' to it.. so R6 for me

Member Array
    Car:
    07 CBR600RR
    I've riden the GSXR600, R6 & I own a CBR600RR.

GSXR & CBR are similar on the street. Tuning in terms of power delivery, braking, riding position and handling are relatively smooth & friendly. The R6 is not.

The riding position is higher, the clutch bites harder, the brakes are more sensitive, the turn in is extremely twitchy. When u turn in, it feels like it turns in more than u want, then it almost feels like it wants to straighten up again, that's when u gotta push in & make it lean MORE.

An experienced rider would be able to get used to this quickly. But yeh... up to you mate. Test ride all of them!

P.S.) Yes, the R6 is probably the fastest out of the lot. It does feel faster than my bike.

P.P.S.) Don't forget about the Ninja 600 Limited Edition "Monster Energy". It looks cool.
    Last edited by RoNi_SiZe; 24-04-2009 at 10:06 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, GSXR600, CRF250R
    thanks for the helpful responses guys , im steering to the r6 because of its looks and handling. monster energy ninja....il have to check that out dont no much about the ninjas

oh by the way Roni Size , whats the difference between 600R and the 600RR ??
    /Oo_\\ __H__//_oO\
    \()_______[DC5]()/

Quote Originally Posted by FASN8U View Post
    thanks for the helpful responses guys , im steering to the r6 because of its looks and handling. monster energy ninja....il have to check that out dont no much about the ninjas

oh by the way Roni Size , whats the difference between 600R and the 600RR ??
    Umm 600R? no such thing mate its 600RR.
    mate like what everyone said just test ride the bikes. Cause each one will be different to one another. Also why not a Triumph Daytona 675? very nice bikes too, and around the same price too.

Member Array
    Car:
    89 LS Teg aka ugly teg
    The gsxr's in our range don't have a good rep for build quality and they don't crash well.

But its all about what you like none can tell you which bike will be right for you, they are all so similar you really need to ride them or wait for one of the 4 to come up cheap.

If you try and find a dealership that has a couple of the bikes your interested in instock ride there and just be honest you want a 600 supersport and your ready to buy they will be happy to let you test them provided you've got the right license and you sign their you bin it you bought forms.

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    Have u had experience on a 600 before?

If so, maybe consider the new R1...
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, GSXR600, CRF250R
    Quote Originally Posted by Twincam16 View Post
    Have u had experience on a 600 before?

If so, maybe consider the new R1...
    haha your funny!

ive ridden bikes my whole life , owned everything from 50cc to 750cc and the rest inbetween. thanks for your consideration though
    /Oo_\\ __H__//_oO\
    \()_______[DC5]()/

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    Thought so... just figured the 09 R1 would be a good step to 1000cc... I know its not the most practical thing (haha)
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999