Not advisable to install foggies on a DC5S?

Hi Guys,
    I am little confused with conflicting advice given re: installing factory foggies on a DC5S. I was told by one school of thought that having foggies would impact air intake to the engine and possibly impact engine, performance, etc. Then there are others who are certain that as long as they are factory honda foggies, there shouldn't be any problems.
    Can you kindly offer your views, thoughts, recommendations pleaase? Many thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    no hindrance to air intake
    Why hello there

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    There's no reason you can't put fog lights on your car. Factory light kit will fit perfectly, others will probably look tacked on and messy.

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    It won't block anything to the Air intake.

Obviously you havent popped your bonnet and had a good look in the engine bay,but if you looked carefully the airbox sucks air from under the bonnet around the front grill area/radiator.

Only issue with the foggies imho is that it will restrict the amount of airflow to the brakes which the original vents on the bar were intended for.

Banned Array
    At Your Local Shopping center picking up 15 year olds!
    Car:
    DC5-S
    LOL, wrong, There arent any vents on the stock front bar, theres light gray plastic pieces which fill the holes for the fog lights & they dont have any slits in them for air flow!

Bro Buy your foggies from honda and get them installed, you got nothing to worry about!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    may affect the air flow if you install some aftermarket air filter, like injen kit,

for stock, you wont have any problem,

Hi All, many many thanks for your insights, I am sold! Yes like you say I had a look inside and could not logical make sense on how it would hinder the air flow, plus as the holes are originally covered plastic bits. Will ring the spare parts soon. Thanks again

I think this should be in n00b section.......

seriously, its such a n00b question.

Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    I think this should be in n00b section.......

seriously, its such a n00b question.
    Noted and my apologies, I only thought to post here because it was Integra related and thought it was the right process. Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    if you had a DC5 TypeR then i would say no to foggies, because they have standard brake cooling ducts there...but on the TypeS you're fine to put fog lights there if you want.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    didnt know type R and S have different design