Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000

Mini-spool diff..

Well i was curious i've seen someone doing quite silly things in a s2000 with a mini spool diff.. was wondering if he was apart of the forums? And whats everyones takes on a mini-spool diff? will it last longer etc? I kind of dont know much about them so all info will help =)

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    LOL sorry man but where do you get your information from.
    Hanging around too much hectik Calis boys. Minispool is a ghetto ass mod and I wouldn't reccomend it at all.
    For those who don't know minispool is basically a weilded diff.
    You drive an s2000 man not a shitbox take care of it, if you want to upgrade diffs buy a good one, will only set you back around 1.5k for a good one. More if you want better. However they can be abit annoying for just daily driving
    Last edited by vyets; 23-04-2009 at 01:31 PM.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    AP2 S2000/CL9 Euro Lux
    If you want to do burn outs and hectic traffic light drags then you should consider selling your car. Looking at your previous threads, the S2K does not seem like an ideal car for you.

A Holden commowhore R8 is what you need. Produces lots of smoke off the line and will give you an instant wanker status which seems like what you are after.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Why the hell is it called a mini-spool.

Banned Array
    At Your Local Shopping center picking up 15 year olds!
    Car:
    DC5-S
    What you need my friend is a full detroit locker diff system with rear ladder bar suspension set up and steel bushes with fully compressed springs, that way youll be able to do hectic burnouts with your mighty 4 cyclinder! oh yeah dont forget about the Nawssss!

Member Array
    Car:
    180sx Type X
    s2000 comes factory with an lsd. wat more do u want?

a minispool is just a more 'durable' version of a welded shut dif.
    but by durable i mean SHIT.
    with a locked dif, ur putting extream tension on all ur driveline components diff back.
    complelty pointless on an s2000.
    and i presume with the s2000's twitchy handeling, probable EXTREAMLY DANGEROUS!

oversteer....you wouldn't understand.
    ozhonda 4 lyfe!

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    mini spool diff ftw.. treat your car like its a silvia ! LOL
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    see what happens when the S2000 becomes more affordable to p platers...

you get EPIC FAIL

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    lol is a mini-spool then a locked diff? if so i wouldnt bother. i had a 1.5 way in my old s15 and even that was pretty annoying to drive with on a daily basis.

that said the 1.5way helped keep the car in a straight line when traction was an issue (assuming you have even tyre wear on both sides). a locked diff basically removes any slip in your diff, so the left and right drive wheels spin at exactly the same rate.

i dont think s2ks need em, we dont have the power to require it and for a daily driven car i think its overkill (unless your car is super quick, in which case i woudl upgrade lsd's rather than get it welded).

its a pretty dodgy thing to do
    -S15R-

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    Quote Originally Posted by INVSBL View Post
    s2000 comes factory with an lsd. wat more do u want?

a minispool is just a more 'durable' version of a welded shut dif.
    but by durable i mean SHIT.
    with a locked dif, ur putting extream tension on all ur driveline components diff back.
    complelty pointless on an s2000.
    and i presume with the s2000's twitchy handeling, probable EXTREAMLY DANGEROUS!
    i agree with the extra tension part! i had full r33 running gear in my s15 (rear axles, nismo diff etc) and i think the rear axles were already starting to go (car made big power though). when parking and stuff you can really feel the strain on the driveline.

im nto sure if the diff makes the car any more dangerous to drive. the locker makes the car easier to slide and easier to control when sliding. assuming your capable of controlling your car when its sliding id say its safer than the unexpected loss of traction im getting in the s2k
    -S15R-

Member Array
    Car:
    180sx Type X
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeyon View Post
    im nto sure if the diff makes the car any more dangerous to drive. the locker makes the car easier to slide and easier to control when sliding. assuming your capable of controlling your car when its sliding id say its safer than the unexpected loss of traction im getting in the s2k
    wat i mean by more dangerous, i mean its alot more likly to oversteer.
    somethign that an overconfident driver just frankly dosent need.
    and somethign that a s2k dosent need lol.
    and if u truely are capable of controling ur car, u would be smart enough to go for a 1.5 way lsd.

but thank god their isnt mini spools availbe for s2000, thanks to the non availibilty of open difs.
    so this problem of p platers destroying s2000 is kept at a low posibilty.

oversteer....you wouldn't understand.
    ozhonda 4 lyfe!