Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1996 honda accord VTI-S

heat shield box around the pod filter for 96 accord

has anyone try to put a heat shield box for your pod filter? cause i got a sri intake, and planning to put a heat shield box to it. has anyone try this before? please give me your opinion. thankss

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 euro 07
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_vti_s View Post
    has anyone try to put a heat shield box for your pod filter? cause i got a sri intake, and planning to put a heat shield box to it. has anyone try this before? please give me your opinion. thankss
    Why didnt you buy the K&N flat panel? good performance and inside standard box so no suck in hot air..

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 honda accord VTI-S
    sad to say when i got my car i year ago the original flat panel filter is gone n replace with a pod filter, do you know where i can get them?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Gen5 Accord
    sad to say when i got my car i year ago the original flat panel filter is gone n replace with a pod filter, do you know where i can get them?
    To get a K&N panel filter ? any auto shop really can order them in for you, eg: Repco/Autobahn can special order them in if they aren't in stock.

As for original piping, try a wreckers. eg: Honbits/Hontoys

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 honda accord VTI-S
    Quote Originally Posted by Element12 View Post
    To get a K&N panel filter ? any auto shop really can order them in for you, eg: Repco/Autobahn can special order them in if they aren't in stock.
    my bad i didnt make my sentence clear, i was trying to say is the WHOLE box of the flat filter is gone. n replace with the pod filter.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Gen5 Accord
    i was trying to say is the WHOLE box of the flat filter is gone. n replace with the pod filter.
    try a wreckers. eg: Honbits/Hontoys

If your after the stock box

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 honda accord VTI-S
    ok cool. fair enough ill just how i gooooo wif this.. cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    LOL the question was a heat shield box not "how do i go back to a stock box with a K&N filter inside".

Relax, the guy has an sri, not a stock box, it makes little difference to cd5s which set up you have (dependent on the filter ofcourse).

U should make ur own heat shiled box, or get additional piping made to make ur setup a CAI in which case it is hidden and u don't see it, therefore no need for the box.
    Gas up the Vtec for you tonight and baby you can go wherever you like.....

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 honda accord VTI-S
    just an update about this thread i found some piping in autobarn n decided to buy it, like FATVTI said.. but then another question, what if its raining? so water will go the pod then to the engine? any mods to prevent that?

water shouldnt get sucked up into your engine as long as u dont drive in 4m deep puddles:P

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord
    I have a full CAI and water doesn't get into the filter or the engine

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 honda accord VTI-S
    DAMN nice cia!!!! well im just worried that the water might go in thats all. well case close now ill buy those pipe first thing in the morning!!! thank heaps loving this forum!!