Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    integra

Thumbs up sticky reisdue after debadging HELP!

Hey fellas, i just debadged my the word CIVIC on the back of my ek, and it's left this sticky sort of residue it's black and i just can't seem to get it off without damaging any paint, can anyone point me in the right direction to removing this without damaging the paint? thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    96 EK Civic GLi
    try eucalptus oil...ive used that in the past and it works fine to remove sticky residue from paint without damaging it

wax n grease remover / presol

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 Hatch - B16A
    Try using prepsol,"wax and grease remover"

You will probably need to rub a little. If your still having trouble you can put some on a rag and hold it on there for a little while. That will soften the glue up. You can then use an old credit card to scrape the glue off and wipe off remaining residue with a rag.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    integra
    i might give eucalptus oil a try, i have grease remover, i've tried it, but i didn't soak it in, and also didn't try to use a card to remove it LOL
    but wax and grease remover won't damage the paint on the car?

nope..
    Quote Originally Posted by dwn_boi View Post
    not quite sure how to spell but taste mad, its hard on the outside and creamy on the inside omfg so good

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    integra
    okay, brb i'll go give that a try now

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 Hatch - B16A
    Wax and grease remover is a solvent so sure if you leave a dripping wet rag sitting on your bonnet for long enough it can and will soften and may damage your paint.

You will find that the glue and foam from the double sided tape they use will be weathered and really hard.

Just put some on a rag it doesn't have to be dripping. Hold the rag over the patch for a little while. When you take the rag off feel the glue it will go sticky and jelly like. If it's not soft yet just put some more prepsol on the rag and wait till it softens up.

Once it is jelly like you should be able to scrape the glue off. If it doesn't all come off at once just soak again and then scrape off.

I used to work in a panel shop and this is the best way I know to get it off without damaging paint.

hey guys, i got a similar problem, but will something like WD-40 work on the car dashboard, without damaging the dash?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 Hatch - B16A
    what exactly is on your dash?

i doubt wd-40 will work, try wax and grease remover or eucalptus as stated above
    Quote Originally Posted by dwn_boi View Post
    not quite sure how to spell but taste mad, its hard on the outside and creamy on the inside omfg so good

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    dont use wd-40, that will wreck the paint.
    try what people have suggested. for me, I got some soapy water and rubbed it wet, then used a razor blade to take it off, then some fine wet sand 2000+ and cut and polish.