Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: insurance

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    cl9 accord euro

insurance

hey i was looking into doing some body work/lowering on my car im with AAMI at the moment, and was wondering if they would charge me more on my premiums or wont insure me at all?
    Last edited by jt2k; 27-04-2009 at 08:02 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    They would charge you more.
    But you have to tell them

Cause if you get into an accident and they inspect your car and those parts have not been notified of. They will not pay you.

Be 100% truthful to insurance companies. Misspelling your name could even dismiss your claim.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by jt2k View Post
    hey i was looking into doing some body work/lowering on my car im with AAMI at the moment, and was wondering if they would charge me more on my premiums or wont insure me at all?
    I'm with AAMI and i've got Bilstein/Eibach setup with approx.35mm drop.just told them.no problem no extra charge either.Not sure about bodywork though.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Generally to cover aftermarket parts the you woudl increase the agreed value i.e. base cost of car + cost of parts therefore premiums go up. As stated above if you do anything to the car you need to tell your insurance company whether you want the aftermarket parts/work covered or not, that is up to you.

NRMA is a bit more flexible in this instance where you choose the agreed value including any aftermarket parts.

my 2c though

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    as above, NRMA agrees to your modded value.

only thing with NRMA if you go lower than stock height by more 30mm then you are not covered.
    Last edited by Crapdaz; 28-04-2009 at 01:14 PM.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    cl9 accord euro
    ahhh icic so if i lower it shouldnt cause any problems ey

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    30mm is your limit from your stock height assuming your with NRMA.
    which is equivalent to 1 fist height from tyre surface to fender.
    vTeK 4-Life!

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapdaz View Post
    30mm is your limit from your stock height assuming your with NRMA.
    which is equivalent to 1 fist height from tyre surface to fender.
    I spoke to nrma, and they said mods can be covered by adjusting your market value of the car and to avoid any refusals make sure the mods are legal within rta standards and regarding suspension they said as long as it is not below 10mm it is fine. they never mentioned anything about 30mm below stock height, although everyone from nrma seems to say different things...did u increase ur value for ur mods daz??

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    yeh i did

i ask them specifically is there a certain height you can drop the car and they said no more than 30mm from stock ride height and will be void if found out.
    vTeK 4-Life!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by OMG.JAI xD View Post
    They would charge you more.
    But you have to tell them

Cause if you get into an accident and they inspect your car and those parts have not been notified of. They will not pay you.

Be 100% truthful to insurance companies. Misspelling your name could even dismiss your claim.
    You're right about being truthful, but AAMI are pretty good. Misspelling your name (who'd do that??!) wouldn't be enough to dismiss a claim.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    only bad thing is aami is sh1t house when it does come to claims.....
    vTeK 4-Life!

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapdaz View Post
    yeh i did

i ask them specifically is there a certain height you can drop the car and they said no more than 30mm from stock ride height and will be void if found out.
    Lol i think most people who have lowered their euros definately done more than 30mm...and i dont get how the insurance works, if u increase ur market value its only beneficial when ur car is written off...when u claim and say ur coilovers were damaged, they wont replace it