Car:
    EKI>EG4>DC2>EM1
    i would like to know this aswell^^^

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    I'm running Toyo TEO Plus.
    They are very quiet.
    They've got good grip in wet and dry, although I wouldn't mind if they were a bit better.
    Mine are on 14 inch rims so I would say a lower profile sidewall may improve performance.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by Moya View Post
    What options do we have for cheaper tyres for a non-high performance daily?

Toyo T1S and T1R seem a waste for my piece of shit EG, especially at $170 a pop.

All I really want is a good looking tread pattern, long lasting, quiet and better than average wet and dry performance.

I'm a tad scared running 215/45/15 T1, because I've heard because the T1S has super soft side walls, and the wide tyre profile;
    a) I'll get bad fuel economy
    b) it'll wear really quick
    Is this true?
    For the T1S I say the sidewall isn't super soft at all.I used them,215/45/15 for 2 hrs on the track ,2 lots of 1hr sessions and they were great! I was very impressed.And for the abuse I put them through the tread is a lot.The sides still have plenty of meat,I thought they would be a bit more worn than what they were after track session but they came up solid.I know there's better in term of quality but I only paid $80 each delivered of Taleb when they where cheap.They are a great tyre but at $170 I would check what else is out there.The good ones may also wear quicker on the track I reckon??

I can't wait to give the T1R's a go but there's still heaps of tread on the T1S's and a track day coming up on the 9th!!

I've got the 215/45/15 from taleb as well. U won't find better tyres for the price ($90).

Really good performance, very impressed.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Ferio 99
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    For the T1S I say the sidewall isn't super soft at all.I used them,215/45/15 for 2 hrs on the track ,2 lots of 1hr sessions and they were great! I was very impressed.And for the abuse I put them through the tread is a lot.The sides still have plenty of meat,I thought they would be a bit more worn than what they were after track session but they came up solid.I know there's better in term of quality but I only paid $80 each delivered of Taleb when they where cheap.They are a great tyre but at $170 I would check what else is out there.The good ones may also wear quicker on the track I reckon??

I can't wait to give the T1R's a go but there's still heaps of tread on the T1S's and a track day coming up on the 9th!!
    Oh man, sounds good
    i'm goin to go track with these tires aswell but in June. I've always wondered how these will hold up.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Toyo will be better than Kumho, if price is not a factor

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    No probs!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    for dailies on my old 17s the maxxis did the job in wet, dry and rough surfaces *cough* mountain hills *cough* lol
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    if u r going to drive like a granny, then cheap tyres will do, granny drive doesnt require much performance.

but if u like a bit more grip, then go for toyo, proxe4 is basic in proxe family.
    not bad at all,

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EKI>EG4>DC2>EM1
    well there will be times where i will give it a little dumpage...after after experiencing what happens when i had shit chinese tyres combined with rained...i never wanna go down that path ever again..but yeh..went with toyos=] thanks guy

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Good work,what a difference aye.My ol' Nankangs were crap that in the wet.Hard with very little grip in the wet so you just slide!

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post

Thanks bro. Are you using them on your daily as well?

Even for $100 I think they're great which is why I'm seriously considering them. The other one I was thinkign is "Toyo Proxes 4" but they are $159 each, and for that price T1R is better at $170.

It seems tyre prices have gone up a lot in the past 6 months.

My only real concern and hopefully something someone can confirm for me is scrubbing. Because the tyre is wider, will I have scrubbing problems? I'm running ITR shocks + King Superlows for EG). 195/55/15 is perfect, no scrubbing.