Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

Will 17's fit okay on a DC2?

Hi all, im thinking of buying a set of 17's for my DC2 vtir but im unsure if it will fit or will i have to modify some things when i put them on. Also will my speedo be off?

another question is, Will rims that fit on a honda civic fit on my integra dc2?

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by koevi View Post
    Hi all, im thinking of buying a set of 17's for my DC2 vtir but im unsure if it will fit or will i have to modify some things when i put them on. Also will my speedo be off?

the wheels of the civic would be a four stud fit and the plate on your integra vtir will be a 5 stud i think mate. Dont go 17s on the ctir, just get 15s or 16s and lower it, it will look good

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 + EG
    17's will fit fine provided you have the right profile tyre.

4x100= everything apart from type-r's so you're fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by koevi View Post

If the wheels are off an ED/EF, EG or EK civic then they will probably fit as long as they are large enough to clear the brakes. Your VTiR has a stud pattern of 4x100 the same as most early civics.

If you get 17s with the correct tyre size they should fit fine without any modifications. If you get the correct tyre size your speedo should still be correct also. I would go for a 17x7 wheel with an offset around +45 and use a 205/40 tyre to maintain stock diameter.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Civic VTi-R
    The DC2 vtir are 4 stud; 4x100 SO any wheel you buy will have to be 4x100 and I'm sure 17's will fit. Be sensible tho, 17x12 +0 will definitely not fit! hahah I've seen a couple of dc2's with 17's not sure on the exact specs tho

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    I think 17's are too big for a DC2, and you will loose out on handling, but they sure do fill the guards nicely. Yes they will fit fine, provided the offset and width is decent.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 DC2, 93 EG VTI
    yes

i had this dilema too with my dc2... i was thinking bout changing to 17x7 but decided to keep with the FAT FIVES... yeah boi
    how do fat fives go in the handling and grip department does anyone know

Member Array
    Car:
    thatsafrenchassnameyvonne
    I've got 18" wheels on my dc4 looks the goods and only scrapes on the front left with a passenger in the car & when steering is on full lock to the left. not sure what width they are but just make sure you have a lower profile and your speedo won't be affected to bad.
    17" should not be a problem at all..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    sweeeet, thanks heaps guys ima get the 17x7's

Member Array
    Car:
    b20 dc2
    ive got 17s on mine... i want to go back to stock rims though...

Member Array
    Car:
    Black DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.teg View Post
    yes

i had this dilema too with my dc2... i was thinking bout changing to 17x7 but decided to keep with the FAT FIVES... yeah boi
    how do fat fives go in the handling and grip department does anyone know
    id like to know this aswell...

Member Array
    Car:
    A Honda
    I was contemplating on getting a set of 17x8's but that would be a bit much, so i'm opting for a set of 16's which i'd say is perfect clearance depending on the offset.
    With 17's i guess you'd need some good cambers if you're gonna get it lowered and have your wheels toed in so that they don't scrape the fenders.