Member Array
    Car:
    '09 FN2R

valve stem seals

i got a couple of questions so i thought i'd start this thread...

i've got a 94 dc2 vti-r which has mileage of 180000 (not sure if this information helps)

1) there's been quite a bit of white smoke when i push the car hard and i've been told by my mechanic that i gotta replace the valve stem seals... since i'm getting that fixed which i'm told is not cheap should i get one of those jdmyard B18C bottom end VRS kits and do that up as well? is that feasible? my aim is to try and get my engine running as new as possible... i've done my 5000km service and cleaned my throttle body as well which i thought was causing the white smoke...

also, any guesstimations on how much to replace the valve stem seals???

2) i've been told that a dc2r brake booster and master cylinder wont fit the vti-r. any idea why??? any chance that i'll be able to custom fit it?

3) also my stock clutch seems to have lost pressure after an intense skidpan session. after a hard run the clutch goes really really soft and i only get pressure if i press down 90% and i'm only able to change gears after that. the clutch resumes to normal state after about 10 seconds if i keep pumping the clutch. i've checked the brake fluid and its full. i'm guessing its got something to do with the master cylinder??!???

thanks in advance guys!

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    1) valve stems are in the head not the bottom end. Usually people get the stems & a valve job done. If you want you can get the head ported & polished also.

2) dunno, i've heard it done before, i think the only problem is the brake lines

3) try bleeding the clutch
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    1) I had this same problem, with this problem I didn't check my oil for ONE month and there wasn't even enough oil to show on the dipstick AT ALL, was also told that it was my valve stem seals.
    Changed my oil (Some ELF 5W40 I think), and cleaned my PCV valve and now it's 100% fine. Don't burn any oil at all even after I drive it hard.

2) no idea

3) It could be your clutch master cylinder, get it checked out (or see if there's a small leak on the pedal), would cost about $100 including labour to have it replaced.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra B20R
    does the car smoke on idle? if so then theres a possibility ur piston rings are gone, i know a few people that have had this problem, very common in vtirs

and try bleeding ur clutch before u get master cylinder changed or anything coz it might just fix that problem
    FS: B18c2

Member Array
    Car:
    '09 FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by geeang View Post
    1) I had this same problem, with this problem I didn't check my oil for ONE month and there wasn't even enough oil to show on the dipstick AT ALL, was also told that it was my valve stem seals.
    Changed my oil (Some ELF 5W40 I think), and cleaned my PCV valve and now it's 100% fine. Don't burn any oil at all even after I drive it hard.

2) no idea

3) It could be your clutch master cylinder, get it checked out (or see if there's a small leak on the pedal), would cost about $100 including labour to have it replaced.

nah i dont think its my oil as i dont lose oil. i have thought that it may be the PCV valve but i have no idea how to clean it. noob question, is it a DIY job or do i need to go to my mechanic?

Member Array
    Car:
    '09 FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Wace View Post
    does the car smoke on idle? if so then theres a possibility ur piston rings are gone, i know a few people that have had this problem, very common in vtirs

and try bleeding ur clutch before u get master cylinder changed or anything coz it might just fix that problem

yea it does smoke on idle but only in the morning when i first start the engine and then it goes away. fkn hell i hope its not my piston rings. sounds bloody expensive!!!!!!!!!!!