Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Jazz VTi-S

Soft Pedal Feel?

Hi everyone, First time poster. First time car owner here.

With my work place getting further and further away, I have finally become interested in giving up on public transport and getting into my own Jazz.

I tested drove my first Jazz the other day (2004 VTi-S), and the electric steering felt weird but quite usable. Considering the age the car is in excellent clean condition. However, I discovered that both the accelerator and brake pedals seem to feel very light, compared to some cars I have driven (Corolla - light, but not as light as the Jazz; Chrysler Voyager - had really stiff pedals). I asked about it and the owner says its been like that since he bought it. Not having driven much, I am not really sure what other Jazzes are like.

Both the pedals felt very lightly sprung and with the steering feel it almost felt light a video game controller set. But the car runs perfect on the road. Is this a problem I should be concerned about? Is this the same with all Jazzes? I can live with the feel of the controls, but I want to be sure this is not a serious issue.

P.S. The car has just done its 60000Km service @ Trivett Parramatta a couple of weeks ago.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Same for all Jazz cars because of the brake booster and power steering. THe accelerator pedal probably has a softer spring. It is all so that your legs don't get tired if you have to drive long distances.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    jazz braking system is really weak..im getting big brake kit later on,never satisfied about jazz brake since first day picked up

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 crv n 06 jazz
    the brake is just ok under normal used. the steering is the worse they call this "wooden" feel as i would say it's no feel at all. Due to the electric steering system Jazz used to save extra power draw from the steering pump. n it's a small car so everything is light. try yaris n mazda 2 theyu n not much better ( but they hv better steering feel)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Jazz VTi-S
    Thanks for the responses guys.

Now after a more thorough inspection on this Jazz I m interested in, there seems to be some rust around all 4 of the bolts holding the tail gate in place. Perhaps this is something that needs fixing?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by xiaoli View Post
    Thanks for the responses guys.

Now after a more thorough inspection on this Jazz I m interested in, there seems to be some rust around all 4 of the bolts holding the tail gate in place. Perhaps this is something that needs fixing?
    A common fault, but I would look for a Jazz without the rusting and "fix" that so that the rusting doesn't start.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Jazz VTi-S
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    A common fault, but I would look for a Jazz without the rusting and "fix" that so that the rusting doesn't start.
    Well at least its good to know its common :P

Any advice on fixing it once its started? I hear Honda Jazz has a 6 year rust warranty but I dont know if it applies here as it is superficial looking rust...
    Last edited by xiaoli; 04-05-2009 at 09:57 AM.