Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord euro 06

Strut bars in WA

Hi all,

I m looking for the Cusco or Carbing front strut bar for my 06 Euro. Could anyone tell me where can i find shops selling these kind of staffs in Perth? Cheers

vision r in o'connor
    it may actually be cheaper to get it from the eastern states....perth items can seem to be a tad exp. also try ebay. theres one on there regularly.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CL9
    why you want buy it from Perth? I have been looking around, best and easy is to buy it from trader on this forum, post it to your door. it is very easy to bolt on, just need to make more space near the air con line on the driver side.
    Accord Basic

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06Euro Lux Sat Nav Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by Accord Basic View Post
    why you want buy it from Perth? I have been looking around, best and easy is to buy it from trader on this forum, post it to your door. it is very easy to bolt on, just need to make more space near the air con line on the driver side.
    Yep I just bought one and fitted it myself. I spoke to an engineer and I then angle ground a small section of the drivers side bracket so I got better clearance on the Air Con Line. I then just touch up sprayed the bracket again. Worked perfect

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Star View Post
    Yep I just bought one and fitted it myself. I spoke to an engineer and I then angle ground a small section of the drivers side bracket so I got better clearance on the Air Con Line. I then just touch up sprayed the bracket again. Worked perfect
    Do you notice any difference on stock suspension Mike?I did but i have aftermarket suspension.If you're careful you can bend the AC line a bit to get the clearance you need.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06Euro Lux Sat Nav Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    Do you notice any difference on stock suspension Mike?I did but i have aftermarket suspension.If you're careful you can bend the AC line a bit to get the clearance you need.
    Hi Tony,
    It's hard to describe but there is a "taughtness" in the front end that wasn't there before.

I was going to bend the Air Con Line but I decided to have a chat to a local Mechanic who is a Honda expert. He had a look at how much "meat" there was in the bracket and I had drawn on it how much would be needed to be angle ground away. He was confident that the bracket wouldn't be compromised by the amount I would take out.

I did it and it worked well. I then slid a small piece of rubber around the Air Con Line just to be sure.

Cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord euro 06
    Thanks for the suggestions guys,
    All the best~