Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord, s2k now wrx22b

Just bought an s2k! :D though i have 1 issue :(

Hey! i just bought an AP1 s2k and need some help!! >_<"

the soft top roof i got doesn't close properly! the clips are tight and all but it seems to sit on the s2k's windscreen frame (half a cm or less sticking up, so the wind is deflecting off it!) rather than actually sitting behind the seals. So at the moment wind is blowing in heaps hard though i cant feel it at all i can hear it heaps well! going over 80kms in the car sucks so bad!! I full go death... all i can hear is road noise and wind... any idea what i could do with this?

I couldnt get the clips any tighter, The seals are all good, but the roof just wont hold in! When i bought it i was too excited and never drove with the roof up

Oh! and if i was to get the glass back windscreen with a whole new soft top... would i have to change the frame too? or is kinda plug and play with a bit of modding or not? (sorry i couldn't find the answer in that other thread... =\ )

Appreciate any help peeps! Cheers.

Duy
    Last edited by KruZzN; 01-05-2009 at 11:58 PM.
    iFlutter

(edit: I used to flutter =[) Vtakk'n again rofl.

edit: iFlutter again!! lol

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k
    no you dont have too get a new frame although its a big job look up the s2000 write up.

also to do a temporary fix just electric tape the clips that hook into the holder and make them thick so it holds tight and also tighten the screws up if not get new clips and hinges.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    yeap the soft top strikers could be stuffed.

Better off replacing your roof with an Ez on glass soft top. Takes about 1-2 days if you wanna save $500 bucks and do it yourself.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord, s2k now wrx22b
    ah i see i see lol. I'm gonna go do some research and saving in that case haha, thanks guys!
    iFlutter

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    congrats on the buy duy see u around

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000, RIP Prelude Vtir
    yeah sounds like your soft striker/latch is worn, have a look at the hook of the latch and the striker and see whats worn you should be able to tell by looking at them. Strikers are about $80 pair, latch is about $250 each from honda. Best to play around with it first as you may not of latched it tightly.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord, s2k now wrx22b
    Hey thanks dudes, Its the hooks and the latches. they are scratched heaps and worn down.. so the wind stops coming in when i hold the roof down with my own hands when driving lol. Gayness..
    iFlutter

try to tighten up the strikers or even better, take it out and swap em around. This will mean your using the unworn part of the striker.
    then buy new ones when you can.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord, s2k now wrx22b
    Quote Originally Posted by CONAN View Post
    try to tighten up the strikers or even better, take it out and swap em around. This will mean your using the unworn part of the striker.
    then buy new ones when you can.
    oh word! i never thought of that lol.

the strikers are much more worn out that the hooks themselves but the hooks are gonna give up in a few months i reckon. I'll give that a go unless i can find some strikers! cheers man!
    iFlutter

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord, s2k now wrx22b
    Hey guys i got another question lol. cbf making another thread as its not really worth it!

for CAI what would you get if you didnt have a budget? and what would you get if you had a budget? and what would you get in terms for a mad look for the engine bay??

oh and is ARC anygood? i dont see anyone using them lol

Cheers!
    Duy
    iFlutter

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000, RIP Prelude Vtir
    Mugen - no budget

K&N - BUdget
    AEM V2 - Budget

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    AEM v2 for budget for sure.

if u got the $$$ go for mugen or J's racing.

if u got some SERIOUS $$$ ASM carbon intake